Re: [pcgen] [BUG] PFAPG Basic Traits Prereqs Wrong

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
      Nope. Not the problem . . .

      Maredudd

      On Dec 20, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

      > Hi Folks!
      >
      > I've narrowed it down to just the Adopted trait as the problem. When it is selected all of the other Social Traits go red. The problem is a .MOD that is in place for the Adopted trait that includes MULT:YES.
      >
      > Does anyone know of any errata that allows the Adopted trait to be taken multiple times?
      >
      > This still doesn't address the ability pool for the adoptive parents racial traits being doubled.
      >
      > Maredudd
      >
      > On Dec 20, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Maredudd wrote:
      >
      >> Hi Stefan!
      >>
      >> Sent from my iPad
      >>
      >> Stefan wrote:

      >>> I cannot confirm this. I just created a new character with only Core
      >>> Rulebook and APG loaded. Then I take a combat trait (e.g. Bullied). All
      >>> other combat traits are then marked as red in the left pane.
      >>>

      >> What version of PCGen? I'm using 6.0.0. I'm out running errands right now but will zero in on exactly where my problem is when I get home.

      >>> This is done so that the trait is not immediately marked as unqualified
      >>> for once it's taken.

      >>> This result in every trait being listed in red in the right hand pane,
      >>> i.e. lists as if the character does not qualify. Ideally PCGen should
      >>> disregard abilities that the character does not qualify for (such as
      >>> that a character cannot use his Power Attack feat if his Strength is
      >>> drained to less than 13). Furthermore abilities in red on the right hand
      >>> side confuse users.

      >>> I'll have to check up on that.
      >>>
      >>> Regards
      >>> Stefan

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
        Hi Folks!

        I've got a new problem with the Adopted trait.

        Looking through the Paizo forums, and admittedly going back 4 years but the story has been consistent since then, the Adopted trait does NOT grant a racial trait from the adoptive parents racial traits as defined by the race's descriptive section in the PFCR. It rather grants access to the available Traits categorized as Race Traits in the APG and Companion books.

        First reference in the Paizo Forums I ran across was in Oct of 2008 with a responce from F Wesley Schnieder:
        http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2iuvv?Adopted#1

        And the latest appearance in Feb 2012:
        http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=314?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#15700

        The Adopted basic trait needs to be changed to provide a list of Race Traits, as oppose to racial traits, for the adoptive parents.

        Maredudd
      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
          Yes, bonusing the racial trait ability pools is definitely wrong. The
          Adpoted traits gives out a race trait from the trait rules. A racial
          trait is something completely different and has nothing to do at all
          with the trait rules. This is a somewhat unfortunate and confusing
          nomenclature.

          Stefan.

          On 20.12.2012 23:49, Eric C Smith wrote:
          > Hi Folks!
          >
          > I've got a new problem with the Adopted trait.
          >
          > Looking through the Paizo forums, and admittedly going back 4 years
          > but the story has been consistent since then, the Adopted trait does
          > NOT grant a racial trait from the adoptive parents racial traits as
          > defined by the race's descriptive section in the PFCR. It rather
          > grants access to the available Traits categorized as Race Traits in
          > the APG and Companion books.
          >
          > First reference in the Paizo Forums I ran across was in Oct of 2008
          > with a responce from F Wesley Schnieder:
          > http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2iuvv?Adopted#1
          >
          > And the latest appearance in Feb 2012:
          > http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=314?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#15700
          >
          > The Adopted basic trait needs to be changed to provide a list of
          > Race Traits, as oppose to racial traits, for the adoptive parents.
          >
          > Maredudd

          > PCGen List File Help:
          > in creating new homebrew or official list files)
          >
          > PCGen Experimental:
          > official data source development) Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 20, 2012
            Thanks for the confirmation.

            JIRA opened: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-817

            I'll upload a fix for the APG. Then we can tackle the other sources with Race traits.

            Maredudd