Sources won't load in 5.8.1

  • Han
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
      I'm trying to update some characters in 5.8.1, but the sources won't load at all - all the frames are completely empty, and hitting the Refresh button has no effect. After some searching here, it seems that the issue may be caused by the fact that I'm now running Java 1.7.0_07. I also have Java 1.6.0_31 installed, but how do I get PCGen to run under that version of Java instead?
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
        Your Java has probably auto-updated to 1.7. Verify that, and if it has
        you either need to download the 1.6 leveland point the pcgen jar file at
        that, or upgrade pcgen to 6.0.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012

          http://wiki.pcgen.org/FAQ_and_Help

          That explains how to point your PCGen to the correct Java version.

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
            Excellent - thanks very much for that! I'd tried something along those lines, but hadn't got it quite right. Now it's working fine again.