RE: [pcgen] Magus & Spell-Blending

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 8 7:11 AM
      > So what's the point of the choose:spells tag if it doesn't do anything
      (and
      > choose:spelllevel for that matter)? Or am I missing some syntax to get it
      > to actually do something...???

      > Did some code get left undone for displaying back when this tag was
      > introduced maybe?

      Hey Rob!

      Actually, it is as designed. Push was made a while ago (couple/three years
      now?) to keep tag functions separate and get rid of the "magic" ones that
      were doing double duty. I don't recall the exact reasoning, I think it had
      to do with making the maintenance of the code easier as well as making it
      obvious what a tags scope was.

      CHOOSERs choose things and that's all they are supposed to do. Other tags
      (usually BONUS) implement things. This one never got the code work done
      necessary to implement it looks like.

      Barak
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 9 7:14 AM
        Ah, okay... Well I tried. Figured I could display my ignorance of the new
        stuff for the whole world to see! XD

        And Chris *innocent smile* Just the monkey I was looking for... hit me
        offlist if you dare! ;)

        W. Robert Reed III
        Mynex

        > So what's the point of the choose:spells tag if it doesn't do anything
        (and
        > choose:spelllevel for that matter)? Or am I missing some syntax to get
        > it to actually do something...???

        > Did some code get left undone for displaying back when this tag was
        > introduced maybe?

        Hey Rob!

        Actually, it is as designed. Push was made a while ago (couple/three years
        now?) to keep tag functions separate and get rid of the "magic" ones that
        were doing double duty. I don't recall the exact reasoning, I think it had
        to do with making the maintenance of the code easier as well as making it
        obvious what a tags scope was.

        CHOOSERs choose things and that's all they are supposed to do. Other tags
        (usually BONUS) implement things. This one never got the code work done
        necessary to implement it looks like.

        Barak

        (for new official data source development) Yahoo! Groups Links