RE: [pcgen] Magus & Spell-Blending

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 8, 2012
      > So what's the point of the choose:spells tag if it doesn't do anything
      (and
      > choose:spelllevel for that matter)? Or am I missing some syntax to get it
      > to actually do something...???

      > Did some code get left undone for displaying back when this tag was
      > introduced maybe?

      Hey Rob!

      Actually, it is as designed. Push was made a while ago (couple/three years
      now?) to keep tag functions separate and get rid of the "magic" ones that
      were doing double duty. I don't recall the exact reasoning, I think it had
      to do with making the maintenance of the code easier as well as making it
      obvious what a tags scope was.

      CHOOSERs choose things and that's all they are supposed to do. Other tags
      (usually BONUS) implement things. This one never got the code work done
      necessary to implement it looks like.

      Barak
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 9, 2012
        Okay, this finally clicked in my brain (amazing what sleep can do!)... So
        getting and selecting a spell is not the issue;

        CHOOSE:SPELLS|CLASSLIST=Magus[KNOWN=NO]|SPELLTYPE=Magus[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE
        ]

        Would give a list of all the magus spells not currently known that they can
        cast at their highest level for selection of a spell (Which does work, I
        just tested it)

        BUT not put it in their spells known list (which it does not from my
        test)... nor does it list it on the output sheet.

        So what's the point of the choose:spells tag if it doesn't do anything (and
        choose:spelllevel for that matter)? Or am I missing some syntax to get it
        to actually do something...???

        Did some code get left undone for displaying back when this tag was
        introduced maybe?

        W. Robert Reed III
        Mynex

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 9, 2012
          Ah, okay... Well I tried. Figured I could display my ignorance of the new
          stuff for the whole world to see! XD

          And Chris *innocent smile* Just the monkey I was looking for... hit me
          offlist if you dare! ;)

          W. Robert Reed III
          Mynex