Finding the Starchild (Desna) Trait?

  • Dana
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2012
      Good evening!

      I am having difficulty finding the Starchid (Desna) trait from the Advanced Players Guide:
      http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/religion-traits/starchild

      If the trait is in the current build (I am running v6.00.0), perhaps there is a certain order I need to select things in before it becomes visible?

      I am a human druid, neutral good alignment, and I have chosen Desna as my Deity.

      I have made sure that "Advanced Players Guide" has been selected as my source.

      Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give!
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2012
        Are you looking under the "religion" traits on the traits tab? Itis there.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2012
          I was finally able to load it. I am not sure if this is a bug or just me not understanding the software.

          I first created a PC with the standard guide, and realized I needed to load the advanced source. I went to Source> Load> and chose Advanced. I realized that it didn't switch my already-created character, so I trashed her and started over, ensuring that Source> Load had a symbol next to "Advanced". I clicked on it anyway to make sure, and it didn't do anything, so I assumed that the symbol and no extra actions after clicking on it meant that it was loaded.

          Turns out that they weren't, I had to go to Source> Unload. This still left the symbol next to Advanced, though. So I went to Source> Select Sources, which finally seemed to load everything I need.

          Would anyone else mind giving the above steps a try to see if I goofed something up with my install, or if it might be a bug? I'm a relatively new P&P player, so I might have done things in a different order than is expected!

          ~Dana
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2012
            Hi Dana,

            Yes that sounds like a bug. The dot in the Sources > Load Sources menu
            should reflect the currently loaded sources. As you noted if it gets out
            of sync it doesn't work as expected.

            If you'd like to track the fix please raise it in jira
            <http://jira.pcgen.org>otherwise I'll raise it later today.

            Cheers,
            James.

            On 8/12/2012 5:12 PM Dana wrote
            > I was finally able to load it. I am not sure if this is a bug or just me not understanding the software.
            >
            > I first created a PC with the standard guide, and realized I needed to load the advanced source. I went to Source> Load> and chose Advanced. I realized that it didn't switch my already-created character, so I trashed her and started over, ensuring that Source> Load had a symbol next to "Advanced". I clicked on it anyway to make sure, and it didn't do anything, so I assumed that the symbol and no extra actions after clicking on it meant that it was loaded.
            >
            > Turns out that they weren't, I had to go to Source> Unload. This still left the symbol next to Advanced, though. So I went to Source> Select Sources, which finally seemed to load everything I need.
            >
            > Would anyone else mind giving the above steps a try to see if I goofed something up with my install, or if it might be a bug? I'm a relatively new P&P player, so I might have done things in a different order than is expected!
            >
            > ~Dana

          • Lee Dowd
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
              In the future if you want to add a source after a chachter is built.  Try the following:
              1)  Load the character.
              2)  Un slect load sources with character.
              3)  load the additional source(s)(.
              4)  Save the character.
              5)  Reselect load sources with character.
              6)  Save character.
              The new source(s) should now load with the character.  Step 4 may be unnecessary.

              Lee