[FREQ] Have transferred spellbooks retain their contents

  • Matt C
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012
      Currently, moving a spellbook from one character to another causes it to be a blank spellbook on the receiving end. I was wondering how easy or hard it would be to make personalized spellbooks that are moved to another character retain their spell contents. This would make it easier to represent borrowed, inherited or captured spellbooks, with them being pregenerated during campaign prep and transferred to the character when the time comes. Making a fairly-complete spell list and spell book is fairly laborious but a captured spellbook is—or always was to me, especially in the old game—the best treasure.

      There is a JIRA about something similar ("Allow Captured Information in Spellbooks", http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-828), but this would seem a potentially easier way to accomplish the same goal.

      ~~Matt