Re: [pcgen] Fwd: SourceForge Repo Clone Complete

    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 30, 2012

      On 11/30/2012 8:05 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
      > Some questions on the instructions....
      >
      > 1) I have been using TortoiseSVN for a while, and TortoisePlink already
      > exists (under bin) so I don't have to download that, right?

      You shouldn't need it.

      > 2) After generating the key can I delete puttygen?

      Yes, it's just a tool to create the key. Once created, you don't need the program unless you want to
      have more keys in the future.

      > 3) Do I have to start up pageant every time I reboot my laptop?

      I'm not sure, as I understand it, it handles the key exchange. Try doing a repo browse or commit
      with it off and see what happens.

      > 4) It never asked me for a password, next to last step under pageant.
      > What do I do?

      If you didn't generate a Passphrase, then you won't need to enter a password. Everything should be fine.

      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 1, 2012

        You made the key, upload the public key to Sourceforge?
        Also, something I did for my key - USERNAME@... in the comment 'USERNAME' is your SF
        username.
        TortoiseSVN doesn't point to a key, you point it to tortoiseplink.exe
        You also want Pageant loaded, and add your key to it (Private one).

        You should be able to get the repo - 'svn+ssh://USERNAME@.../p/pcgen/code'

        BTW - I installed plink and Pageant.

        Once Pageant was on, I wasn't asked for any password.