Re: Trouble generating PDFs with 6.0.0

  • brauliob555
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2012
      Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I indeed did not install the skins. That must be the problem.

      > That one is due to an error in the installer. Some libraries required for
      > PDF generation are only installed if you choose to install the skins
      > option. We have that one recorded in JIRA and I am working on a fix.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James Dempsey
      > PCGen Code SB
      >

      > On 27 November 2012 09:57, brauliob555 <brauliob555@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Same thing is happening to me. I've just installed it fresh with no old
      > > data. I can export to text and htm, but not PDF. I have Windows 8,
      > > Acrobat Reader XI, and the newest Java.
      > >
      > > Here is my error log:
      > >
      > > 14:47:16.59 INFO AWT-EventQueue-1
      > > pcgen.gui2.dialog.DebugDialog$MemoryPanel actionPerformed Memory used after
      > > manual GC, Heap: 136,135,016, Non heap: 51,128,488
      > > 14:48:13.931 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1
      > > pcgen.gui2.dialog.ExportDialog$PDFExporter done Could not export K Rel
      > > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger
      > > at pcgen.util.FOPHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
      > > at pcgen.system.BatchExporter.exportCharacterToPDF(Unknown Source)
      > > at
      > > pcgen.gui2.dialog.ExportDialog$PDFExporter.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
      > > at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
      > > at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
      > > at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      > > at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
      > > at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown
      > > Source)
      > > at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
      > > Source)
      > > at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      > > org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger
      > > at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
      > > at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
      > > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
      > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      > > at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      > > ... 10 more
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Cohn" <allen@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi, gang,
      > > >
      > > > I can't get my 6.0.0 to generate PDFs. Is anyone else having trouble with
      > > > this or is it just me?
      > > >
      > > > Allen

      > > PCGen List File Help:

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2012
        Greetings,
        I had a problem (back with 5.17?) when I didn't do a complete install, can't recall what it was now (think I JIRA'd it though), that was the only time I'd ever NOT done a full install...

        Before then I'd always done a full install as I didn't know what I didn't want, and since then I've always done a full install as I knew it avoided the problem...

        Is it worth polling what peoples favoured install options are and specifically testing those?

        I keep meaning to do a 'minimal' install (just the RSRD and my homebrew) and share it out on dropbox to my group, to save me configuring it on their PC's manually for them...

        Cheers