Re: [pcgen] Re: Trouble generating PDFs with 6.0.0

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2012

      That one is due to an error in the installer. Some libraries required for
      PDF generation are only installed if you choose to install the skins
      option. We have that one recorded in JIRA and I am working on a fix.

      Cheers,
      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB

      On 27 November 2012 09:57, brauliob555 <brauliob555@...> wrote:

      > Same thing is happening to me. I've just installed it fresh with no old
      > data. I can export to text and htm, but not PDF. I have Windows 8,
      > Acrobat Reader XI, and the newest Java.
      >
      > Here is my error log:
      >
      > 14:47:16.59 INFO AWT-EventQueue-1
      > pcgen.gui2.dialog.DebugDialog$MemoryPanel actionPerformed Memory used after
      > manual GC, Heap: 136,135,016, Non heap: 51,128,488
      > 14:48:13.931 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1
      > pcgen.gui2.dialog.ExportDialog$PDFExporter done Could not export K Rel
      > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger
      > at pcgen.util.FOPHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
      > at pcgen.system.BatchExporter.exportCharacterToPDF(Unknown Source)
      > at
      > pcgen.gui2.dialog.ExportDialog$PDFExporter.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
      > at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
      > at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
      > at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      > at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
      > at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
      > Source)
      > org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger
      > at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
      > at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
      > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
      > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      > at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      > ... 10 more
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Cohn" <allen@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, gang,
      > >
      > > I can't get my 6.0.0 to generate PDFs. Is anyone else having trouble with
      > > this or is it just me?
      > >
      > > Allen

      > PCGen List File Help:

    • brauliob555
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2012
        Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I indeed did not install the skins. That must be the problem.

        > That one is due to an error in the installer. Some libraries required for
        > PDF generation are only installed if you choose to install the skins
        > option. We have that one recorded in JIRA and I am working on a fix.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James Dempsey
        > PCGen Code SB
        >

        > On 27 November 2012 09:57, brauliob555 <brauliob555@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Same thing is happening to me. I've just installed it fresh with no old
        > > data. I can export to text and htm, but not PDF. I have Windows 8,
        > > Acrobat Reader XI, and the newest Java.
        > >
        > > Here is my error log:
        > >
        > > 14:47:16.59 INFO AWT-EventQueue-1
        > > pcgen.gui2.dialog.DebugDialog$MemoryPanel actionPerformed Memory used after
        > > manual GC, Heap: 136,135,016, Non heap: 51,128,488
        > > 14:48:13.931 SEVERE AWT-EventQueue-1
        > > pcgen.gui2.dialog.ExportDialog$PDFExporter done Could not export K Rel
        > > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger
        > > at pcgen.util.FOPHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
        > > at pcgen.system.BatchExporter.exportCharacterToPDF(Unknown Source)
        > > at
        > > pcgen.gui2.dialog.ExportDialog$PDFExporter.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
        > > at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
        > > at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
        > > at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        > > at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
        > > at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown
        > > Source)
        > > at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
        > > Source)
        > > at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
        > > org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger
        > > at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        > > at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        > > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        > > at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        > > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        > > ... 10 more
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Cohn" <allen@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi, gang,
        > > >
        > > > I can't get my 6.0.0 to generate PDFs. Is anyone else having trouble with
        > > > this or is it just me?
        > > >
        > > > Allen

        > > PCGen List File Help:

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 27, 2012
          Greetings,
          I had a problem (back with 5.17?) when I didn't do a complete install, can't recall what it was now (think I JIRA'd it though), that was the only time I'd ever NOT done a full install...

          Before then I'd always done a full install as I didn't know what I didn't want, and since then I've always done a full install as I knew it avoided the problem...

          Is it worth polling what peoples favoured install options are and specifically testing those?

          I keep meaning to do a 'minimal' install (just the RSRD and my homebrew) and share it out on dropbox to my group, to save me configuring it on their PC's manually for them...

          Cheers