Re: [pcgen] Source Books folks WANT to use in the near future

  • Henk Slaaf
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
      Hey Andrew, fellow data monkeys,

      There are two ways to answer the poll. One is out of personal interest in
      data sources. The other is what is interesting from a community
      perspective. I can only speak about Pathfinder support, because I left
      3.0/3.5 quite a while ago. Also, I suppose that 3.0/3.5 support is quite
      complete.

      From a personal perspective, I only use Pathfinder's Core + Advance
      Player's Guide + flavour books, so my personal drive is to support those
      for my gaming groups as well as possible.

      From a Pathfinder community perspective however, it is very important for
      PCGen to support the books that people really use. Without users, the
      program will lose relevance. So we need Core books, the Ultimate books and
      the Advanced books. This will keep the program relevant for the Paizo
      crowd. Other books to attract and keep interest would be the flavour guides.

      1. We have all current core books.
      2. From the Advanced and Ultimate books, we have all the big books but
      only have the beginings of the Ultimate Equipment and the Advanced Race
      Guide.

      3. Flavour books are very nice for gaming purposes (e.g. Orcs of
      Golarion). We have a couple of them and a lot of race flavour was
      consolidated into the Advanced Race Guide. We have Faiths of Purity,
      Cheliax Empire of Devils, etc. These add great value for someone adding
      flavour to characters.

      From a Pathfinder community perspective it is essential to get the popular
      books (currently the Advance Race Guide) in as soon as possible.

      Best,

      Henk

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
        Hi Darkon,

        Did I say it was restricted? I said I'd prefer it on one spot that gives me the numbers, but if you
        voice it here it still counts. A poll would be nice, but I can't possibly know every book you'd want
        to make a poll worthwhile. If you have a book or three you'd like, put it up here. I'm not trying
        to exclude anyone. Sign up or don't that is your choice. If you have a better method for tracking
        people's choices, I'm all ears.

        Cheers,

        On 11/25/2012 9:09 AM, darkon_turas wrote:
        > So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
          I'll add my vote for Fire Mountain Games' "Way of the Wicked." I don't
          know if they've given permission or not but I know it's a popular adventure
          path and would get plenty of use.

          http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

          > > PCGen List File Help:
          > >
          > > PCGen Experimental:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
            We have permission, and I thought somebody was working on the first book Knot of Thorns, but I can't find a tracker for it now.

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012

              It's in nfd, so we should have a tracker.

              On 11/25/2012 8:55 PM, Paul wrote:
              > We have permission, and I thought somebody was working on the first book Knot of Thorns, but I can't find a tracker for it now.
              >

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Dave <countbuggula@...> wrote:
              >> I'll add my vote for Fire Mountain Games' "Way of the Wicked." I don't
              >> know if they've given permission or not but I know it's a popular adventure
              >> path and would get plenty of use.

            • Kieth Coleman
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                Did you send me where I need to read for OSRIC?
                Also, why don't I see Gunslinger in the class list for Pathfinder?

                Kieth A. Coleman

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012

                  Gunslinger is part of Ultimate Combat.

                  I'll send you the svn link off list.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 29, 2012
                    Hey, did you ever send me that svn link?

                    Kieth A. Coleman

                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 29, 2012
                      Yes, on the 25th.