Re: Source Books folks WANT to use in the near future

  • darkon_turas
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
      So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
        Greetings Darkon,

        Source suggestions, as well as general questions and bug reports are always welcome on this list.

        Maredudd

        On Nov 25, 2012, at 12:09 PM, darkon_turas wrote:

        > So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.
      • Henk Slaaf
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
          Hey Andrew, fellow data monkeys,

          There are two ways to answer the poll. One is out of personal interest in
          data sources. The other is what is interesting from a community
          perspective. I can only speak about Pathfinder support, because I left
          3.0/3.5 quite a while ago. Also, I suppose that 3.0/3.5 support is quite
          complete.

          From a personal perspective, I only use Pathfinder's Core + Advance
          Player's Guide + flavour books, so my personal drive is to support those
          for my gaming groups as well as possible.

          From a Pathfinder community perspective however, it is very important for
          PCGen to support the books that people really use. Without users, the
          program will lose relevance. So we need Core books, the Ultimate books and
          the Advanced books. This will keep the program relevant for the Paizo
          crowd. Other books to attract and keep interest would be the flavour guides.

          1. We have all current core books.
          2. From the Advanced and Ultimate books, we have all the big books but
          only have the beginings of the Ultimate Equipment and the Advanced Race
          Guide.

          3. Flavour books are very nice for gaming purposes (e.g. Orcs of
          Golarion). We have a couple of them and a lot of race flavour was
          consolidated into the Advanced Race Guide. We have Faiths of Purity,
          Cheliax Empire of Devils, etc. These add great value for someone adding
          flavour to characters.

          From a Pathfinder community perspective it is essential to get the popular
          books (currently the Advance Race Guide) in as soon as possible.

          Best,

          Henk

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
            Hi Darkon,

            Did I say it was restricted? I said I'd prefer it on one spot that gives me the numbers, but if you
            voice it here it still counts. A poll would be nice, but I can't possibly know every book you'd want
            to make a poll worthwhile. If you have a book or three you'd like, put it up here. I'm not trying
            to exclude anyone. Sign up or don't that is your choice. If you have a better method for tracking
            people's choices, I'm all ears.

            Cheers,

            On 11/25/2012 9:09 AM, darkon_turas wrote:
            > So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
              I'll add my vote for Fire Mountain Games' "Way of the Wicked." I don't
              know if they've given permission or not but I know it's a popular adventure
              path and would get plenty of use.

              http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

              > > PCGen List File Help:
              > >
              > > PCGen Experimental:
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                We have permission, and I thought somebody was working on the first book Knot of Thorns, but I can't find a tracker for it now.

                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012

                  It's in nfd, so we should have a tracker.

                  On 11/25/2012 8:55 PM, Paul wrote:
                  > We have permission, and I thought somebody was working on the first book Knot of Thorns, but I can't find a tracker for it now.
                  >

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Dave <countbuggula@...> wrote:
                  >> I'll add my vote for Fire Mountain Games' "Way of the Wicked." I don't
                  >> know if they've given permission or not but I know it's a popular adventure
                  >> path and would get plenty of use.

                • Kieth Coleman
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                    Did you send me where I need to read for OSRIC?
                    Also, why don't I see Gunslinger in the class list for Pathfinder?

                    Kieth A. Coleman

                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012

                      Gunslinger is part of Ultimate Combat.

                      I'll send you the svn link off list.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 29, 2012
                        Hey, did you ever send me that svn link?

                        Kieth A. Coleman

                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 29, 2012
                          Yes, on the 25th.