Re: Source Books folks WANT to use in the near future

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 24, 2012
      Here's my list of books I'd like to see. Sorry if this list is a bit long. I've done some research, and for most of these you have full permissions on the publisher page for general permissions:

      Frog God Games (for PFRPG) Tome of Horrors Complete (this company isn't on the permissions page. It has some of the people from Necromancer Games running it though as I understand. Tome of Horros Complete updates and compiles ToH I-III and updates them for Pathfinder.)

      Paizo (PFRPG) Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Magic

      Rite Publishing (all for PFRPG)
      Book of Monster Templates

      Super Genius Games (all for PFRPG):
      Anachronistic Adventurers: The Daredevil
      Anachronistic Adventurers: The Enforcer
      Anachronistic Adventurers: The Investigator
      Anachronistic Adventurers: The Luminary
      Anachronistic Adventurers: The Tough
      The Genius Guide to the Templar
      Ultimate Options: New Magus Arcana
    • darkon_turas
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
        So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.
      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
          Greetings Darkon,

          Source suggestions, as well as general questions and bug reports are always welcome on this list.

          Maredudd

          On Nov 25, 2012, at 12:09 PM, darkon_turas wrote:

          > So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.
        • Henk Slaaf
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
            Hey Andrew, fellow data monkeys,

            There are two ways to answer the poll. One is out of personal interest in
            data sources. The other is what is interesting from a community
            perspective. I can only speak about Pathfinder support, because I left
            3.0/3.5 quite a while ago. Also, I suppose that 3.0/3.5 support is quite
            complete.

            From a personal perspective, I only use Pathfinder's Core + Advance
            Player's Guide + flavour books, so my personal drive is to support those
            for my gaming groups as well as possible.

            From a Pathfinder community perspective however, it is very important for
            PCGen to support the books that people really use. Without users, the
            program will lose relevance. So we need Core books, the Ultimate books and
            the Advanced books. This will keep the program relevant for the Paizo
            crowd. Other books to attract and keep interest would be the flavour guides.

            1. We have all current core books.
            2. From the Advanced and Ultimate books, we have all the big books but
            only have the beginings of the Ultimate Equipment and the Advanced Race
            Guide.

            3. Flavour books are very nice for gaming purposes (e.g. Orcs of
            Golarion). We have a couple of them and a lot of race flavour was
            consolidated into the Advanced Race Guide. We have Faiths of Purity,
            Cheliax Empire of Devils, etc. These add great value for someone adding
            flavour to characters.

            From a Pathfinder community perspective it is essential to get the popular
            books (currently the Advance Race Guide) in as soon as possible.

            Best,

            Henk

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
              Hi Darkon,

              Did I say it was restricted? I said I'd prefer it on one spot that gives me the numbers, but if you
              voice it here it still counts. A poll would be nice, but I can't possibly know every book you'd want
              to make a poll worthwhile. If you have a book or three you'd like, put it up here. I'm not trying
              to exclude anyone. Sign up or don't that is your choice. If you have a better method for tracking
              people's choices, I'm all ears.

              Cheers,

              On 11/25/2012 9:09 AM, darkon_turas wrote:
              > So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.

            • Dave
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                I'll add my vote for Fire Mountain Games' "Way of the Wicked." I don't
                know if they've given permission or not but I know it's a popular adventure
                path and would get plenty of use.

                http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

                > > PCGen List File Help:
                > >
                > > PCGen Experimental:
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >

                > --
                > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                  We have permission, and I thought somebody was working on the first book Knot of Thorns, but I can't find a tracker for it now.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012

                    It's in nfd, so we should have a tracker.

                    On 11/25/2012 8:55 PM, Paul wrote:
                    > We have permission, and I thought somebody was working on the first book Knot of Thorns, but I can't find a tracker for it now.
                    >

                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Dave <countbuggula@...> wrote:
                    >> I'll add my vote for Fire Mountain Games' "Way of the Wicked." I don't
                    >> know if they've given permission or not but I know it's a popular adventure
                    >> path and would get plenty of use.

                  • Kieth Coleman
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                      Did you send me where I need to read for OSRIC?
                      Also, why don't I see Gunslinger in the class list for Pathfinder?

                      Kieth A. Coleman

                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012

                        Gunslinger is part of Ultimate Combat.

                        I'll send you the svn link off list.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 29, 2012
                          Hey, did you ever send me that svn link?

                          Kieth A. Coleman

                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 29, 2012
                            Yes, on the 25th.