Re: [pcgen] Re: Source Books folks WANT to use in the near future

  • Maredudd
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 23, 2012
      Hi Chris!

      If it is a source book that is not already on the Andrew linked to in the earlier message you simply post your request here.

      Maredudd

      Sent from my iPad

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 23, 2012

        Added all three. And yes, there is a note that those are duplicated.

        On 11/23/2012 10:25 AM, swiftbrook8 wrote:
        > Figured out how to vote and voted :-)
        >
        > Didn't figure out how to add a source request so ....
        > Paizo Pathfinder: Blood of Angels
        > Paizo Pathfinder: Paths of Prestige
        > Paizo Pathfinder Player Companion: Dragon Empires Primer
        >
        > Note: There seems to be duplicate entries "Seeker of Secrets" and "Paizo Pathfinder: Seeker of Secrets" in the source request list.

        >> Hi Folks,
        >>
        >> With PCGen 6.0 out the door, I wanted to take time to thank everyone who has helped the project in
        >> the past and currently.
        >>
        >> And of course the big question, which source books do you want to see in PCGen for 6.2? Mind you,
        >> there is only so many books that we can make with our limited numbers (So please join if you want to
        >> help out!).
        >>
        >> Over here >
        >> http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&jqlQuery=project+%3D+NEWSOURCE+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC
        >> < is the 60 requested or authorized sources. Yes, we have 60 outstanding books that we have
        >> permission to make and include.
        >>
        >> We have a VOTE mechanism, but it doesn't appear many of our community uses that feature. If your
        >> book is in that list, VOTE for it. If your book is not on the list, request it. I'll be deciding
        >> which book to code up next based upon feedback.
        >>
        >> Happy Thanksgiving and Cheers!
        >>
        >> --
        >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Kieth Coleman
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 23, 2012
          Sourceforge Id= kiethac

          Kieth A. Coleman

          On Nov 22, 2012, at 6:57 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I might have seen an email from you about it. I've got OSRIC set up, so whenever you feel like
          > jumping in and working on it.
          >
          > I will need a Sourceforge ID so you can actually commit work.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > On 11/22/2012 2:16 PM, Kieth Coleman wrote:
          > > Happy Thanksgiving. Did you get my email about not being able to work on OSRIC rules till now?
          > >
          > > Kieth A. Coleman
          > >
          > > On Nov 22, 2012, at 4:13 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> Hi Folks,
          > >>
          > >> With PCGen 6.0 out the door, I wanted to take time to thank everyone who has helped the project in
          > >> the past and currently.
          > >>
          > >> And of course the big question, which source books do you want to see in PCGen for 6.2? Mind you,
          > >> there is only so many books that we can make with our limited numbers (So please join if you want to
          > >> help out!).
          > >>
          > >> Over here >
          > >> http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&jqlQuery=project+%3D+NEWSOURCE+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC
          > >> < is the 60 requested or authorized sources. Yes, we have 60 outstanding books that we have
          > >> permission to make and include.
          > >>
          > >> We have a VOTE mechanism, but it doesn't appear many of our community uses that feature. If your
          > >> book is in that list, VOTE for it. If your book is not on the list, request it. I'll be deciding
          > >> which book to code up next based upon feedback.
          > >>
          > >> Happy Thanksgiving and Cheers!
          > >>
          > >> --
          > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • darkon_turas
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 24, 2012
            It is a mystery to me on how one goes about voting. Do you just post here?
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 24, 2012

              For voting, you need to login into the jira tracker system. The Vote Thumbs up Icon will let you
              vote for an issue.

              http://jira.pcgen.org

              Or, voice what you'd like here. (I prefer the JIRA as that holds the votes and I can look at those
              later.)

              On 11/24/2012 3:43 PM, darkon_turas wrote:
              > It is a mystery to me on how one goes about voting. Do you just post here?

            • Lee Dowd
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 24, 2012
                I didn't see the thumbs up ikon but the word vote was highlited when I looked at the item and clicking on that seemed to work as well.

                >________________________________

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 24, 2012
                  Here's my list of books I'd like to see. Sorry if this list is a bit long. I've done some research, and for most of these you have full permissions on the publisher page for general permissions:

                  Frog God Games (for PFRPG) Tome of Horrors Complete (this company isn't on the permissions page. It has some of the people from Necromancer Games running it though as I understand. Tome of Horros Complete updates and compiles ToH I-III and updates them for Pathfinder.)

                  Paizo (PFRPG) Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Magic

                  Rite Publishing (all for PFRPG)
                  Book of Monster Templates

                  Super Genius Games (all for PFRPG):
                  Anachronistic Adventurers: The Daredevil
                  Anachronistic Adventurers: The Enforcer
                  Anachronistic Adventurers: The Investigator
                  Anachronistic Adventurers: The Luminary
                  Anachronistic Adventurers: The Tough
                  The Genius Guide to the Templar
                  Ultimate Options: New Magus Arcana
                • darkon_turas
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                    So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                      Greetings Darkon,

                      Source suggestions, as well as general questions and bug reports are always welcome on this list.

                      Maredudd

                      On Nov 25, 2012, at 12:09 PM, darkon_turas wrote:

                      > So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.
                    • Henk Slaaf
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                        Hey Andrew, fellow data monkeys,

                        There are two ways to answer the poll. One is out of personal interest in
                        data sources. The other is what is interesting from a community
                        perspective. I can only speak about Pathfinder support, because I left
                        3.0/3.5 quite a while ago. Also, I suppose that 3.0/3.5 support is quite
                        complete.

                        From a personal perspective, I only use Pathfinder's Core + Advance
                        Player's Guide + flavour books, so my personal drive is to support those
                        for my gaming groups as well as possible.

                        From a Pathfinder community perspective however, it is very important for
                        PCGen to support the books that people really use. Without users, the
                        program will lose relevance. So we need Core books, the Ultimate books and
                        the Advanced books. This will keep the program relevant for the Paizo
                        crowd. Other books to attract and keep interest would be the flavour guides.

                        1. We have all current core books.
                        2. From the Advanced and Ultimate books, we have all the big books but
                        only have the beginings of the Ultimate Equipment and the Advanced Race
                        Guide.

                        3. Flavour books are very nice for gaming purposes (e.g. Orcs of
                        Golarion). We have a couple of them and a lot of race flavour was
                        consolidated into the Advanced Race Guide. We have Faiths of Purity,
                        Cheliax Empire of Devils, etc. These add great value for someone adding
                        flavour to characters.

                        From a Pathfinder community perspective it is essential to get the popular
                        books (currently the Advance Race Guide) in as soon as possible.

                        Best,

                        Henk

                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                          Hi Darkon,

                          Did I say it was restricted? I said I'd prefer it on one spot that gives me the numbers, but if you
                          voice it here it still counts. A poll would be nice, but I can't possibly know every book you'd want
                          to make a poll worthwhile. If you have a book or three you'd like, put it up here. I'm not trying
                          to exclude anyone. Sign up or don't that is your choice. If you have a better method for tracking
                          people's choices, I'm all ears.

                          Cheers,

                          On 11/25/2012 9:09 AM, darkon_turas wrote:
                          > So it is basically a private club thing. Nice way to restrict it to a tiny sampling that isn't all that useful. You should have used the Polls section on this group. I'm not going to bother making an account for just that. Many will be of the same mind as well, I'm sure.

                        • Dave
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                            I'll add my vote for Fire Mountain Games' "Way of the Wicked." I don't
                            know if they've given permission or not but I know it's a popular adventure
                            path and would get plenty of use.

                            http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

                            > > PCGen List File Help:
                            > >
                            > > PCGen Experimental:
                            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                            > >

                            > --
                            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                          • Paul
                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                              We have permission, and I thought somebody was working on the first book Knot of Thorns, but I can't find a tracker for it now.

                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012

                                It's in nfd, so we should have a tracker.

                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012
                                  Did you send me where I need to read for OSRIC?
                                  Also, why don't I see Gunslinger in the class list for Pathfinder?

                                  Kieth A. Coleman

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 25, 2012

                                    Gunslinger is part of Ultimate Combat.

                                    I'll send you the svn link off list.

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 29, 2012
                                      Hey, did you ever send me that svn link?

                                      Kieth A. Coleman

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 29, 2012
                                        Yes, on the 25th.