[FREQ] Red mage & dragoon classes

  • Crash
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
      I found on the D&D wiki these two class that i would like to use. I was hoping you guys could load it up. the link of each are:
      http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Red_Mage_(3.5e_Class)
      http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dragoon_(3.5e_Race)#Dragoon

      If both already exist on PC Gen where can i find them. THanks.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
        Hi Crash,

        Well, you have two issues:
        1) I don't see an OGL declaration
        2) They aren't an official publisher

        Since those two things are lacking, you won't find those included in PCGen as a released source.
        However, it wouldn't be too hard to toss those two items together. (Just wanted to point out, most
        of the homebrew creations on that site tend to be over-powered).

        Dragoon was a class from final fantasy, now it's a race? Don't know why the Half-Dragon Template
        doesn't work (Which is what Dragoon appears to be - yeah, Half-Dragon/Half-Human).

        Anyways, if you want a crash course in creating these items, come on over to the pcgen list file
        help group. <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/>

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
          OK thanks for the help.

          Would you know any way for me to get the OGL from the authors or is that not possible because they arent officially published.

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012

            Well, anyone can release their works under the OGL. However, that is one step, they need to be a
            legal entity "publisher". I doubt your wiki users want to be bothered with that.

            You can have your class finished in a couple of hours if you work at it, the race would take me 30
            minutes (less time if you aren't concerned about abilities and such). As you are more than free to
            make whatever you'd like for your personal use. ;)

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
              Ok thanks

              How would i go about making both the race and the class, i'm still kinda new to the process. Also i was think that maybe you guys could create a blank page or allow one to be modified per PCGen user, which stays only to the users computer. If there is already some thing in place please tell me so i dont waste you'lls time.

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012

                I haven't a clue what you mean by "blank page".

                For making your own lst files - we have inside the pcgen folder - data/homebrew/my_dataset

                That is a completely workable and ready data set for personal use.
                Next the docs that come with pcgen (F1 or Documentation from the context menu) has a Tag Index
                Then we have a nice wiki (http://wiki.pcgen.org/data) which has links to tools we use and the
                stadards we follow
                Finally, we have the community assistance over on PCGen Yahoo Group 'PCGen List File Help' where
                people can help each other with LST coding questions.

                Alas, I'm off to bed. Feel free to email me direct with questions, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so
                it will be massive delays for any replies.

                On 11/21/2012 10:42 PM, Crash wrote:
                > Ok thanks
                >
                > How would i go about making both the race and the class, i'm still kinda new to the process. Also i was think that maybe you guys could create a blank page or allow one to be modified per PCGen user, which stays only to the users computer. If there is already some thing in place please tell me so i dont waste you'lls time.

                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> Well, anyone can release their works under the OGL. However, that is one step, they need to be a
                >> legal entity "publisher". I doubt your wiki users want to be bothered with that.
                >>
                >> You can have your class finished in a couple of hours if you work at it, the race would take me 30
                >> minutes (less time if you aren't concerned about abilities and such). As you are more than free to
                >> make whatever you'd like for your personal use. ;)
                >>

                >> On 11/21/2012 10:29 PM, Crash wrote:
                >>> OK thanks for the help.
                >>>
                >>> Would you know any way for me to get the OGL from the authors or is that not possible because they arent officially published.

                >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
                >>>

                >> --
                >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • Michael
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 22, 2012
                  I've created/modified a lst set for use in the Pathfinder campaign I'm playing, in so I can use PCGen to manage my character. if you have ANY scripting experience it shouldn't be difficult at all to make your own. Looks like there are some seriously powerful options once you sort out the format.