Re: [pcgen] Warhorse Help

  • Shannon Sullivan
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
      One thing that's pretty funky is that the Advanced Creature (Heavy Horse)
      template seems to be adding a +6 bonus to Natural Armor when it should be a
      +2. It also adds +4 to Int when it shouldn't add anything.

      I've been trying to locate the actual template to see if I can manually
      modify it but haven't had much luck in finding it.

      Shannon

      Shannon
      - Mahatma Gandhi

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

        Advanced Creature (Heavy Horse) CR:1 PRERACE:1,Companion (Horse),Horse

        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.STACK
        BONUS:STAT|STR,DEX,CON,INT,WIS,CHA|4 BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Hoof|DAMAGESIZE|1
        BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|TOHIT|-5 BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|DAMAGE|-ceil(STR/2)
        NATURALATTACKS:Bite,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Slashing.Bludgeoning.Piercing,*1,1d4

        Interesting, the template from Pathfinder says:

        Advanced Creature (CR +1)

        Creatures with the advanced template are fiercer and more powerful than their ordinary cousins.

        *Quick Rules*: +2 on all rolls (including damage rolls) and special ability DCs; +4 to AC and CMD;
        +2 hp/HD.

        *Rebuild Rules*: *AC* increase natural armor by +2; *Ability Scores* +4 to all ability scores
        (except Int scores of 2 or less).

        So, the +4 Int is wrong.

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
          Right. And something about the way it's applying the AC bonus is messed up
          too because, although it says it's adding 2, it actually adds 6. When you
          look at the horse's AC before applying the template, Natural Armor is +0.
          After applying the template, it's +6.

          Shannon

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
            Yeah, there is something seriously messed up. I'm trying to peel the layers back.

            1) Horse should not have any bite attack until the Advanced Template or Trained for Combat

            This might take awhile.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

              So, it would appear when you type horse you get the animal companion version. I'll see about
              altering that so it's not selectable as a standard critter.