Re: [pcgen] Warhorse Help

  • Shannon Sullivan
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
      Pathfinder is correct.

      I do not see any War-trained template. It does have the Advanced Creature
      (Heavy Horse) template. The hooves have an attack bonus of +0 which should
      be +5 for a war-trained heavy horse.

      Is there a way to adjust that manually?

      Shannon

      On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi Shannon,
      >
      > I'm researching your issue, but I'm at work, so it might be a bit.
      >
      > Assuming - Pathfinder
      > You added the War-trained Template?
      >
      > I know the Hooves will still say they are secondary attacks, but the
      > Attack Bonus and Damage should
      > change.
      >
      > I'll get back to you when I have a full answer.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > On 11/20/2012 1:26 PM, apo11y0n wrote:
      > > Hi there,
      > >
      > > I'm having a heck of a time adding a horse, heavy (war-trained) as a
      > mount for a character. I need it to be created such that I can print out a
      > sheet for it (or at least a statblock) to keep with the PC sheet.
      > >
      > > I tried creating it as a companion but could not figure out a way to get
      > the hooves to be primary attacks, as they should be for a warhorse. They
      > were in the Natural-secondary container and couldn't be moved.
      > >
      > > I tried adding a Horse (Heavy/Combat) as an inventory item but then
      > there are no stats for it that I can find.
      > >
      > > I'm just not sure how to go about doing this. Help?
      > >

      > > Shannon

      > > PCGen List File Help:
      > >
      > > PCGen Experimental:
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      Shannon
      - Mahatma Gandhi

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

        Something is off on the horse. I've raised a Code Bug and am investigating what can be done to fix it.

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
          One thing that's pretty funky is that the Advanced Creature (Heavy Horse)
          template seems to be adding a +6 bonus to Natural Armor when it should be a
          +2. It also adds +4 to Int when it shouldn't add anything.

          I've been trying to locate the actual template to see if I can manually
          modify it but haven't had much luck in finding it.

          Shannon

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

            Advanced Creature (Heavy Horse) CR:1 PRERACE:1,Companion (Horse),Horse

            BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.STACK
            BONUS:STAT|STR,DEX,CON,INT,WIS,CHA|4 BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Hoof|DAMAGESIZE|1
            BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|TOHIT|-5 BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|DAMAGE|-ceil(STR/2)
            NATURALATTACKS:Bite,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Slashing.Bludgeoning.Piercing,*1,1d4

            Interesting, the template from Pathfinder says:

            Advanced Creature (CR +1)

            Creatures with the advanced template are fiercer and more powerful than their ordinary cousins.

            *Quick Rules*: +2 on all rolls (including damage rolls) and special ability DCs; +4 to AC and CMD;
            +2 hp/HD.

            *Rebuild Rules*: *AC* increase natural armor by +2; *Ability Scores* +4 to all ability scores
            (except Int scores of 2 or less).

            So, the +4 Int is wrong.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
              Right. And something about the way it's applying the AC bonus is messed up
              too because, although it says it's adding 2, it actually adds 6. When you
              look at the horse's AC before applying the template, Natural Armor is +0.
              After applying the template, it's +6.

              Shannon

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
                Yeah, there is something seriously messed up. I'm trying to peel the layers back.

                1) Horse should not have any bite attack until the Advanced Template or Trained for Combat

                This might take awhile.

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

                  So, it would appear when you type horse you get the animal companion version. I'll see about
                  altering that so it's not selectable as a standard critter.