Re: [pcgen] Warhorse Help

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
      Hi Shannon,

      I'm researching your issue, but I'm at work, so it might be a bit.

      Assuming - Pathfinder
      You added the War-trained Template?

      I know the Hooves will still say they are secondary attacks, but the Attack Bonus and Damage should
      change.

      I'll get back to you when I have a full answer.

      Cheers,

      On 11/20/2012 1:26 PM, apo11y0n wrote:
      > Hi there,
      >
      > I'm having a heck of a time adding a horse, heavy (war-trained) as a mount for a character. I need it to be created such that I can print out a sheet for it (or at least a statblock) to keep with the PC sheet.
      >
      > I tried creating it as a companion but could not figure out a way to get the hooves to be primary attacks, as they should be for a warhorse. They were in the Natural-secondary container and couldn't be moved.
      >
      > I tried adding a Horse (Heavy/Combat) as an inventory item but then there are no stats for it that I can find.
      >
      > I'm just not sure how to go about doing this. Help?
      >

      > Shannon

    • Shannon Sullivan
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
        Pathfinder is correct.

        I do not see any War-trained template. It does have the Advanced Creature
        (Heavy Horse) template. The hooves have an attack bonus of +0 which should
        be +5 for a war-trained heavy horse.

        Is there a way to adjust that manually?

        Shannon

        On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Shannon,
        >
        > I'm researching your issue, but I'm at work, so it might be a bit.
        >
        > Assuming - Pathfinder
        > You added the War-trained Template?
        >
        > I know the Hooves will still say they are secondary attacks, but the
        > Attack Bonus and Damage should
        > change.
        >
        > I'll get back to you when I have a full answer.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > On 11/20/2012 1:26 PM, apo11y0n wrote:
        > > Hi there,
        > >
        > > I'm having a heck of a time adding a horse, heavy (war-trained) as a
        > mount for a character. I need it to be created such that I can print out a
        > sheet for it (or at least a statblock) to keep with the PC sheet.
        > >
        > > I tried creating it as a companion but could not figure out a way to get
        > the hooves to be primary attacks, as they should be for a warhorse. They
        > were in the Natural-secondary container and couldn't be moved.
        > >
        > > I tried adding a Horse (Heavy/Combat) as an inventory item but then
        > there are no stats for it that I can find.
        > >
        > > I'm just not sure how to go about doing this. Help?
        > >

        > > Shannon

        > > PCGen List File Help:
        > >
        > > PCGen Experimental:
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        Shannon
        - Mahatma Gandhi

      • Shannon Sullivan
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

            Something is off on the horse. I've raised a Code Bug and am investigating what can be done to fix it.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
              One thing that's pretty funky is that the Advanced Creature (Heavy Horse)
              template seems to be adding a +6 bonus to Natural Armor when it should be a
              +2. It also adds +4 to Int when it shouldn't add anything.

              I've been trying to locate the actual template to see if I can manually
              modify it but haven't had much luck in finding it.

              Shannon

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

                Advanced Creature (Heavy Horse) CR:1 PRERACE:1,Companion (Horse),Horse

                BONUS:COMBAT|AC|2|TYPE=NaturalArmor.STACK
                BONUS:STAT|STR,DEX,CON,INT,WIS,CHA|4 BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Hoof|DAMAGESIZE|1
                BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|TOHIT|-5 BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|DAMAGE|-ceil(STR/2)
                NATURALATTACKS:Bite,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Slashing.Bludgeoning.Piercing,*1,1d4

                Interesting, the template from Pathfinder says:

                Advanced Creature (CR +1)

                Creatures with the advanced template are fiercer and more powerful than their ordinary cousins.

                *Quick Rules*: +2 on all rolls (including damage rolls) and special ability DCs; +4 to AC and CMD;
                +2 hp/HD.

                *Rebuild Rules*: *AC* increase natural armor by +2; *Ability Scores* +4 to all ability scores
                (except Int scores of 2 or less).

                So, the +4 Int is wrong.

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
                  Right. And something about the way it's applying the AC bonus is messed up
                  too because, although it says it's adding 2, it actually adds 6. When you
                  look at the horse's AC before applying the template, Natural Armor is +0.
                  After applying the template, it's +6.

                  Shannon

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012
                    Yeah, there is something seriously messed up. I'm trying to peel the layers back.

                    1) Horse should not have any bite attack until the Advanced Template or Trained for Combat

                    This might take awhile.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 20, 2012

                      So, it would appear when you type horse you get the animal companion version. I'll see about
                      altering that so it's not selectable as a standard critter.