Re: Composite +0

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012
      Greetings,

      This would be the one you'd normally customise to make a 'mighty' composite longbow, hadn't actually realised that the '+0' version was actually a valid item... in fact, is it valid to have as +0?

      I thought you had to customise to give it a positive modifier...(like 'wand' and 'potion' - can't use the actual item, but needed to customise it first)...

      As a semi-related note, could we flag in the GUI equipment that exist, but must be customised to be used (like wand/potion/gem) make them italic or something (they do give a dialog if you try and select them without customising)

      Cheers

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Matt C" <mbchambers@...> wrote:

      > The default composite bow (+0) needs a +0 strength modifier to use with proficiency but has a greater range increment than a regular bow. A default composite longbow, for example, needs a strength 10 but it has a range increment of 110 feet, greater than the 100 feat of a regular longbow. It also costs 100 GP instead of 75.
      >
      > ~~ Matt
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Umm exactly what is the purpose of these bows?

    • senseileroof
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > This would be the one you'd normally customise to make a 'mighty' composite longbow, hadn't actually realised that the '+0' version was actually a valid item... in fact, is it valid to have as +0?
        >
        > I thought you had to customise to give it a positive modifier...(like 'wand' and 'potion' - can't use the actual item, but needed to customise it first)...
        >
        > As a semi-related note, could we flag in the GUI equipment that exist, but must be customised to be used (like wand/potion/gem) make them italic or something (they do give a dialog if you try and select them without customising)
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Matt C" <mbchambers@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The default composite bow (+0) needs a +0 strength modifier to use with proficiency but has a greater range increment than a regular bow. A default composite longbow, for example, needs a strength 10 but it has a range increment of 110 feet, greater than the 100 feat of a regular longbow. It also costs 100 GP instead of 75.
        > >
        > > ~~ Matt
        > >
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Umm exactly what is the purpose of these bows?

        According to D&D 3E, +0 is the default composite longbow, so yes, it is valid.
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012
          Okay, DeathQuaker is reporting that you can't modify that bow and was confused by that.

          And yes it can't be modified.