Re: [pcgen] About JIRA feature requests--just here or there, too?

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
      Hi Matt,

      On 19/11/2012 3:45 PM Matt C wrote
      > Hi,
      > So far, I have been making various bug reports and feature requests mostly directly over at JIRA--I hope that is OK. Should feature requests, in particular, be run through the Yahoo list first, or does it matter?

      It can be raised on either. Sometimes the list is a good place to sound
      out an idea to get it to the stage where it is ready for recording in Jira.

      > A small feature request I was thinking about would be to be able to "Add" or "Attach" existing companions, such as a pre-made (and equipped) mount or follower, instead of having to "create" a new one every time.

      Yes that's a good suggestion - Andrew beat you to it though :)

      CODE-1463 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1463> Companion - Ability
      to Load an existing Companion from file
      <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1463>

      Cheers,
      James.

    • Henk Slaaf
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
        > > A small feature request I was thinking about would be to be able to
        > "Add" or "Attach" existing companions, such as a pre-made (and equipped)
        > mount or follower, instead of having to "create" a new one every time.
        >
        > Yes that's a good suggestion - Andrew beat you to it though :)
        >
        > CODE-1463 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1463> Companion - Ability
        > to Load an existing Companion from file
        > <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1463>

        A bit larger would be to be able to level up the companion as your main
        character levels up. And to have the companion permanently paired with the
        character (until you release it).

        Best,

        Henk

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
          Hi Henk,

          What do you mean? Currently, if you level the Main Character, the Companion is leveled as per the
          specifics of it's progression.

          As an aside, you can also level up the companion creature until you hit the HD cap which is set in
          the companion. (3.5e mainly as Pathfinder doesn't allow this function).