About JIRA feature requests--just here or there, too?

  • Matt C
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
      Hi,
      So far, I have been making various bug reports and feature requests mostly directly over at JIRA--I hope that is OK. Should feature requests, in particular, be run through the Yahoo list first, or does it matter?

      A small feature request I was thinking about would be to be able to "Add" or "Attach" existing companions, such as a pre-made (and equipped) mount or follower, instead of having to "create" a new one every time.

      Thanks, Matt
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
        Hi Matt,

        On 19/11/2012 3:45 PM Matt C wrote
        > Hi,
        > So far, I have been making various bug reports and feature requests mostly directly over at JIRA--I hope that is OK. Should feature requests, in particular, be run through the Yahoo list first, or does it matter?

        It can be raised on either. Sometimes the list is a good place to sound
        out an idea to get it to the stage where it is ready for recording in Jira.

        > A small feature request I was thinking about would be to be able to "Add" or "Attach" existing companions, such as a pre-made (and equipped) mount or follower, instead of having to "create" a new one every time.

        Yes that's a good suggestion - Andrew beat you to it though :)

        CODE-1463 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1463> Companion - Ability
        to Load an existing Companion from file
        <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1463>

        Cheers,
        James.

      • Henk Slaaf
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
          > > A small feature request I was thinking about would be to be able to
          > "Add" or "Attach" existing companions, such as a pre-made (and equipped)
          > mount or follower, instead of having to "create" a new one every time.
          >
          > Yes that's a good suggestion - Andrew beat you to it though :)
          >
          > CODE-1463 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1463> Companion - Ability
          > to Load an existing Companion from file
          > <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1463>

          A bit larger would be to be able to level up the companion as your main
          character levels up. And to have the companion permanently paired with the
          character (until you release it).

          Best,

          Henk

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
            Hi Henk,

            What do you mean? Currently, if you level the Main Character, the Companion is leveled as per the
            specifics of it's progression.

            As an aside, you can also level up the companion creature until you hit the HD cap which is set in
            the companion. (3.5e mainly as Pathfinder doesn't allow this function).