Re: Double entries for Gems: "Agate (Banded)" & "Gem (Agate (Banded))"

  • Matt C
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 5, 2012
      Will do.

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 5, 2012

        There already is a bug. Someone put standard Gems with actual costs, and other gems that can be
        customized.

        I'm not exactly sure how we should handle it to tell you the truth. I didn't set it up and don't
        know the rational behind it.

        On 11/5/2012 3:00 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
        > Can you raise a DATA bug for this in the Jira system please
        >

        > On 5 November 2012 01:40, Matt C <mbchambers@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> In the RSRD 3.5 inventory, each "Gem", appears twice: once as, for
        >> example, "Agate (Banded)" and again as "Gem (Agate (Banded))". (The former
        >> have GP values assigned to them and but the latter do not.) Is there a
        >> reason for the duplication? Although it looks a bit more cumbersome, I like
        >> the latter structure since it would make all gems appear conveniently in
        >> the same area on inventories.
        >>
        >> ~~ Matt

      • Charles Suaso
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 5, 2012
          Hello,
          2 things I have found that need attention, Please!
          Musket range is off by 1 increment, suppose to start with 40' range increment not 30' unless it has change in the source material.
          Furious Focus is not working with Power attack, It is suppose to cancel Power Attack penalty on first attack when using 2 handed weapons and 1 handed weapons with 2 hands
          Now just to let you know. Y'alls work is fantastic and I appreciate every bit of it. Trying to be helpful.
          Thank You,
          Charles

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 5, 2012
            Hi there,

            Could you please raise 2 data bugs at jira.pcgen.org?

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 5, 2012

              Range Increment of 30' will always display as that is the designated 'Short Range' and certain feats
              affect it. Doesn't matter if it's a musket, Crossbow or Dagger.

              Furious Focus is not implemented. You have a complicate xslt along with an xml base file along with
              what the program outputs in place. It's not easy to go in and change all that for corner cases. I'm
              the only active OS monkey on the PCGen team, and my experience is very limited. I've managed to
              accomplish quite a lot through lots of long hours, trial and error. If I had to re-do the files in
              our OS I could not accomplish the same quality we have today. So, when you consider my expertise and
              willingness to dive in there, that is quite an accomplishment. Sadly, in order to implement your
              feat, it's going to require either a more experienced person (whether they join the team, or give me
              advice), or we need to wait for a Code Solution to handle the intricacies of the system (Note I have
              a few Feature Requests in New Tag for just this objective); or we wait for the implementation of
              Freemarker for our export.

              (Just to explain how this is complicated, I would need to go and alter the BAB Cycle code... see,
              the BAB is exported as a Single Number from the Code to the OS. Then a fancy code takes that single
              number, and every integer of 6 produces a /+x with the number being less by the five. In order to
              implement your feat, I'd have to change how that all works, by adding back the power attack
              variable, and then reduce the 2nd and beyond interations. I'd invite you to take a look at the fine
              tangled mess involved. Of course, it only has to be active when your particular feat is active which
              means I have to some how tell the code when this is in play. I don't have any easy method to measure
              that, which means making new code on both the LST side in the form of an ASPECT and tying that to
              the xlst.

              Fantasy_common has the BAB code cycle
              Fantasy_master has the various weapon blocks.

              Sadly, that only covers the PDF export, repeating the process in htm is quite different code usage.
              And then you have to usually find a solution for the various preview sheets. Luckily those are htm
              as well, so they'll be easier to port from the htm in most cases. )

              Of all those options, I only see the last one as the most likely to happen in the near future.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 5, 2012
                Hi Kar,

                These are *not* data bugs. We're talking Code and OS here.

                (Furious Focus already has a Jira raised - which was consequently replied too.)

                On 11/5/2012 10:28 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
                > Hi there,
                >
                > Could you please raise 2 data bugs at jira.pcgen.org?
                >
                > Thanks!
                >

                > On Tuesday, 6 November 2012, Charles Suaso wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Hello,
                >> 2 things I have found that need attention, Please!
                >> Musket range is off by 1 increment, suppose to start with 40' range
                >> increment not 30' unless it has change in the source material.
                >> Furious Focus is not working with Power attack, It is suppose to cancel
                >> Power Attack penalty on first attack when using 2 handed weapons and 1
                >> handed weapons with 2 hands
                >> Now just to let you know. Y'alls work is fantastic and I appreciate every
                >> bit of it. Trying to be helpful.
                >> Thank You,
                >> Charles

              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 5, 2012
                  Ah cool, thanks for checking that!

                  On Tuesday, 6 November 2012, Andrew wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Hi Kar,
                  >
                  > These are *not* data bugs. We're talking Code and OS here.
                  >
                  > (Furious Focus already has a Jira raised - which was consequently replied
                  > too.)
                  >
                  > On 11/5/2012 10:28 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
                  > > Hi there,
                  > >
                  > > Could you please raise 2 data bugs at jira.pcgen.org?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > >

                  > > On Tuesday, 6 November 2012, Charles Suaso wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> **
                  > >>

                  > >> Hello,
                  > >> 2 things I have found that need attention, Please!
                  > >> Musket range is off by 1 increment, suppose to start with 40' range
                  > >> increment not 30' unless it has change in the source material.
                  > >> Furious Focus is not working with Power attack, It is suppose to cancel
                  > >> Power Attack penalty on first attack when using 2 handed weapons and 1
                  > >> handed weapons with 2 hands
                  > >> Now just to let you know. Y'alls work is fantastic and I appreciate
                  > every
                  > >> bit of it. Trying to be helpful.
                  > >> Thank You,
                  > >> Charles

                  > > PCGen List File Help:
                  > >
                  > > PCGen Experimental:
                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                  > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                • Andrew Wilson
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 6, 2012
                    The 30' is not a range increment and shouldn't be affecting the numbers.
                    it's there
                    because Precise Shot affects anything out to 30', so when you have the feat
                    you
                    need different numbers up to 30'. Longbows have this as well even though
                    their
                    first increment is 100'. If you don't have precise shot you can ignore the
                    30'
                    value, all the other numbers should be right.

                    andrew

                    On 6 November 2012 04:00, Charles Suaso <csuaso@...> wrote:

                    > Hello,
                    > 2 things I have found that need attention, Please!
                    > Musket range is off by 1 increment, suppose to start with 40' range
                    > increment not 30' unless it has change in the source material.
                    > Furious Focus is not working with Power attack, It is suppose to cancel
                    > Power Attack penalty on first attack when using 2 handed weapons and 1
                    > handed weapons with 2 hands
                    > Now just to let you know. Y'alls work is fantastic and I appreciate every
                    > bit of it. Trying to be helpful.
                    > Thank You,
                    > Charles

                    > PCGen List File Help:

                  • Charles Suaso
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 7, 2012
                      Thank you..my mistake. Y'all are doing great;)
                      -Tony-

                      ________________________________
                      The 30' is not a range increment and shouldn't be affecting the numbers.
                      it's there
                      because Precise Shot affects anything out to 30', so when you have the feat
                      you
                      need different numbers up to 30'. Longbows have this as well even though
                      their
                      first increment is 100'. If you don't have precise shot you can ignore the
                      30'
                      value, all the other numbers should be right.

                      andrew

                      On 6 November 2012 04:00, Charles Suaso <csuaso@...> wrote:

                      > Hello,
                      > 2 things I have found that need attention, Please!
                      > Musket range is off by 1 increment, suppose to start with 40' range
                      > increment not 30' unless it has change in the source material.
                      > Furious Focus is not working with Power attack, It is suppose to cancel
                      > Power Attack penalty on first attack when using 2 handed weapons and 1
                      > handed weapons with 2 hands
                      > Now just to let you know. Y'alls work is fantastic and I appreciate every
                      > bit of it. Trying to be helpful.
                      > Thank You,
                      > Charles

                      > PCGen List File Help:

                    • Charles Suaso
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 7, 2012
                        I know the tasks you have are monumental. I am completely understanding how complicated it can be and I appreciate the long hours you are putting into PCGEN. Nope, no buts coming just a Thank You. When I win the lottery each of you working on this endeavor is going to make bank, promise.
                        -Tony-

                        P.s. How about a in-play thingy to just add the bonus to the first attack. I do not know what I do not know so forgive my ignorance in the asking.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 7, 2012

                          Nope, can't do it. All I can do is negate the Power Attack Penalty in total. (Remember it's only one
                          number, it's an all or nothing deal. In order to change that, I'd have to do some complicated
                          mess... something I'm not feeling keen to attempt). I think we can wait for Freemarker and see what
                          is possible with that. Once we have an idea of that, then I'll re-evaluate the request.