Help create a focus and a material component list for RSRD 3.5 spells?

  • Matt C
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2012

      I have a list of the non-free spell foci/focuses and material components used in RSRD 3.5 spells and thought that it would be a useful addition to PCGen dataset (maybe expanding the PCGen Open Gaming Content material), but I am quite incompetent with the PCGen aspects of the project. If I supplied the lists, would someone else help/do the implementation?

      ~~ Matt Chambers
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2012
        Hi Matt,

        Open a JIRA, attach the list to the JIRA and I'll get around to it. (Jira.pcgen.org)

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2012

          I am curious though, what is missing from our list? (We should already have everything)

          On 11/5/2012 1:31 PM, Andrew wrote:
          > Hi Matt,
          >
          > Open a JIRA, attach the list to the JIRA and I'll get around to it. (Jira.pcgen.org)
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > On 11/5/2012 11:40 AM, Matt C wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> I have a list of the non-free spell foci/focuses and material components used in RSRD 3.5 spells and thought that it would be a useful addition to PCGen dataset (maybe expanding the PCGen Open Gaming Content material), but I am quite incompetent with the PCGen aspects of the project. If I supplied the lists, would someone else help/do the implementation?
          >>
          >> ~~ Matt Chambers

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Matt C
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2012
            Hi Andrew,

            Here is a simpler table of the things that I think are missing, although I could easily be failing to load the right data file or something. Some are hard to 'rewrite' (like the "array" used in the spell Repulsion), or otherwise seem very specific in their preparation to a specific spell (e.g Secret Chest or the incense, herbs and oil preparation for Hallow/Unhallow), while some, like 'diamond, powdered/dust' are used in many spells.

            MC and Focus rewrite Cost MC or Focus Name of Spell(s)

            array [Repulsion] 50 Focus Repulsion

            chest [Secret Chest] 5000 Focus Secret Chest

            chest, replica [Secret Chest] 50 Focus Secret Chest

            circlet, jade 1500 Focus Shapechange

            dart .5 Focus Acid Arrow

            diamond 1000 Focus Protection from Spells

            divination counters/tokens 25 Focus Augury; Find the Path

            gem 100 Focus Magic Jar

            crystal 100 Focus Magic Jar

            holy symbol, special, anathema; unholy symbol, special, anathema 500 Focus Destruction

            ivory strips (4 @ 50 ea.) 200 Focus Legend Lore

            laboratory, equipment, cloning 500 Focus Clone

            lens, ruby or sapphine, set in golden loop 1500 Focus Analyze Dweomer

            miniature (platinum sword) 250 Focus Mage's Sword

            miniature (portal carving, ivory); marble, small, polished; miniature (spoon, silver) (5 GP ea.) 15 Focus Mage's Magnificent Mansion

            plaque, ivory 50 Focus Mnemonic Enhancer

            quarterstaff (Changestaff) N/A? Focus Changestaff

            reliquary, tiny (chaotic) 500 Focus Cloak of Chaos

            reliquary, tiny (holy) 500 Focus Holy Aura

            reliquary, tiny (lawful) 500 Focus Shield of Law

            reliquary, tiny (unholy) 500 Focus Unholy Aura

            ring, platinum (1 of 2) 50 ea. Focus Shield Other

            sapphire, black 1000+ Focus Soul Bind (1000 per HD)

            statuette, of self, ivory and gems 1500 Focus Contingency

            amber, powdered/dust 500-1000 MC Sepia Snake Sigil, 500; Teleportation Circle, 1000

            diamond, powdered/dust 50-5000 MC Nondetection, 50; Restoration, 100; Glyph of Warding, 200; Stoneskin, 250; Glyph of Warding, Greater, 400; Protection from Spells & Undeath to Death, 500; Temporal Stasis, up to 5000; Symbols of Fear, Pain, & Sleep, up to 1000; Symbols of Insanity, Persuasion, Stunning, & Weakness, up to 5000; Symbol of Death, 5000

            opal, powdered/dust 1000-5000 MC Symbols of Fear, Pain, & Sleep, up to 1000; Symbols of Insanity, Persuasion, Stunning, & Weakness, up to 5000; Symbol of Death, 5000

            diamonds 5000-25000 MC Raise Dead, 5000; Resurrection, 10000; True Resurrection, 25000

            doll, of self 5 MC Project Image

            dust, special [Phantom Trap] 50 MC Phantom Trap

            emerald, powdered/dust -5000 MC Temporal Stasis, up to 5000

            gem, onyx 50+ MC Create Undead, 50 per hit die

            gold, dust 50 MC Fire Trap, 50 GP; Wall of Iron, .5 lb; 50 GP; 1 lb

            incense 25 MC Augury, 25; Legend Lore, 250

            incense and offering 25 MC Divination

            incense, herbs, and oils [Hallow][Unhallow] 1000 MC Hallow, Unhallow

            incense, rare 1000-1500 MC Forbiddance, 1500 & 1000+

            ink, lead-based, special 50 MC Illusory Script

            jade, powdered/dust 10-250 MC Magic Mouth, 10; Programmed Image, 25; Permanent Image, 100; False Vision, 250

            laboratory supplies, cloning 1000 MC Clone

            oils and ungents, rare [Reincarnate] 1000 MC Reincarnate

            ointment [True Seeing] 250 MC True Seeing

            pearl, black, crushed 500 MC Circle of Death

            pearl, crushed 100 MC Identify, 100; Sympathy, 1500

            ruby, powerdered/dust 50-5000 MC Continual Flame & Simulacrum, 50; Forcecage, 1500; Temporal Stasis, up to 5000

            sapphire 1000 MC Instant Summons, 1000

            sapphire, powdered/dust -5000 MC Temporal Stasis, up to 5000

            silver, powdered/dust 25 MC Bless Water, Consecrate, Curse Water, & Desecrate, 25 GP, 5 lbs

            special object [Refuge] 1500 MC Refuge