3.5 RSRD with PCGen OGC characters not compatible with those without it?

  • Matt C
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2012

      I made some characters using the 3.5 RSRD and the PCGen Open Gaming Content and some, inadvertently, without the OGC, and it seems the two sets of characters are incompatible. When I open characters of one type and then try to open one of the other type, it asks me if I want to save the current characters or not. If I click "Cancel", a message appears about "Non-compatible sources are being loaded."

      Is this a bug? Is there some way around it?

      I am using PCGen v6.00.0 RC1.

      Thanks!
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2012
        Hi Matt.

        On 4/11/2012 5:52 PM Matt C wrote
        > Hi,
        >
        > I made some characters using the 3.5 RSRD and the PCGen Open Gaming Content and some, inadvertently, without the OGC, and it seems the two sets of characters are incompatible. When I open characters of one type and then try to open one of the other type, it asks me if I want to save the current characters or not. If I click "Cancel", a message appears about "Non-compatible sources are being loaded."
        >
        > Is this a bug? Is there some way around it?

        The new user interface likes to keep sources exact for each character.
        So even though we see this as quite similar, PCGen will see them as
        different and ask you to switch. This can be turned off of course.

        I've put together an FAQ entry about changing the sources a character
        uses, see
        http://wiki.pcgen.org/FAQ_and_Help#Changing_a_Character.27s_Sources

        Cheers,
        James.
      • Matt C
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2012
          Hi James,

          Thanks, that worked!

          I had looked through the documentation but not that part of the wiki.

          ~~Matt

          PS -- It appears that the http://wiki.pcgen.org/PCGen_RPGCharacterIllustrations! link, announced on the wiki news page, is no longer effective as the artist has "closed the doors" on the website.
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2012