Re: [pcgen_bod] PCGen v6.00.0 RC1 Released!

  • sugarpimp@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
      OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

      Of note though, the chars I've been loading that keep changing the source material were all also created with "pathfinder for players - advanced" loaded in previous versions. So I'm wondering if this may be some sort of save file compatibility issue with RC1.

      > Yes by default PCGen loads the correct sources when you load a
      > character. This is done to ensure that the character has the right rules
      > applied.
      >
      > You can see the name of the current sources in the PCGen window title.
      >
      > If you need to change the sources for a character, turn off the "Load
      > sources with PC" option in preferences > Sources, load the desired
      > sources, load your character, save your character again (I'd recommend
      > to a new file) and then reactivate "Load Sources with PC" in
      > preferences. The saved character will now be registered against the new
      > sources which will be checked each time you load the character.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.
      >
      > On 1/11/2012 5:12 PM sugarpimp@... wrote
      > > OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.
      > >
      > > Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.
      > >

      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@> wrote:
      > >> Hi,
      > >>
      > >> They should be there. Were there any errors in the log (hit F10 to access)?
      > >>
      > >> Cheers,
      > >> James Dempsey
      > >> PCGen Code SB

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2012
        Hi,

        Could you send me a sample character or two please? I'd like to try this
        one out myself. Either send it via direct email, or open a help jira at
        http://jira.pcgen.org please.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 2/11/2012 12:44 AM sugarpimp@... wrote
        > OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
        >
        > Of note though, the chars I've been loading that keep changing the source material were all also created with "pathfinder for players - advanced" loaded in previous versions. So I'm wondering if this may be some sort of save file compatibility issue with RC1.
        >

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> Yes by default PCGen loads the correct sources when you load a
        >> character. This is done to ensure that the character has the right rules
        >> applied.
        >>
        >> You can see the name of the current sources in the PCGen window title.
        >>
        >> If you need to change the sources for a character, turn off the "Load
        >> sources with PC" option in preferences> Sources, load the desired
        >> sources, load your character, save your character again (I'd recommend
        >> to a new file) and then reactivate "Load Sources with PC" in
        >> preferences. The saved character will now be registered against the new
        >> sources which will be checked each time you load the character.
        >>
        >> Cheers,
        >> James.
        >>
        >> On 1/11/2012 5:12 PM sugarpimp@... wrote
        >>> OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.
        >>>
        >>> Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.

      • UnclePete
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2012
          I've been having the same issue. I used James' instructions and managed
          to add my new source (a homebrew for our game's house rules), but it's a
          torturous path for a simple requirement. Has anyone thought of a
          method/function to do an 'add/delete source' to an existing character?

          Pete