Re: [pcgen] Re: [pcgen_bod] PCGen v6.00.0 RC1 Released!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
      Hi Folks!

      Just close the loop here I have tried RC1 and it works as its upposed to. I see all of the APG classes.

      Maredudd
      Doc 2nd and Mac User

    • sugarpimp@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
        OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

        Of note though, the chars I've been loading that keep changing the source material were all also created with "pathfinder for players - advanced" loaded in previous versions. So I'm wondering if this may be some sort of save file compatibility issue with RC1.

        > Yes by default PCGen loads the correct sources when you load a
        > character. This is done to ensure that the character has the right rules
        > applied.
        >
        > You can see the name of the current sources in the PCGen window title.
        >
        > If you need to change the sources for a character, turn off the "Load
        > sources with PC" option in preferences > Sources, load the desired
        > sources, load your character, save your character again (I'd recommend
        > to a new file) and then reactivate "Load Sources with PC" in
        > preferences. The saved character will now be registered against the new
        > sources which will be checked each time you load the character.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James.
        >
        > On 1/11/2012 5:12 PM sugarpimp@... wrote
        > > OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.
        > >
        > > Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.
        > >

        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@> wrote:
        > >> Hi,
        > >>
        > >> They should be there. Were there any errors in the log (hit F10 to access)?
        > >>
        > >> Cheers,
        > >> James Dempsey
        > >> PCGen Code SB

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2012

          Could you send me a sample character or two please? I'd like to try this
          one out myself. Either send it via direct email, or open a help jira at
          http://jira.pcgen.org please.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 2/11/2012 12:44 AM sugarpimp@... wrote
          > OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
          >
          > Of note though, the chars I've been loading that keep changing the source material were all also created with "pathfinder for players - advanced" loaded in previous versions. So I'm wondering if this may be some sort of save file compatibility issue with RC1.
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> Yes by default PCGen loads the correct sources when you load a
          >> character. This is done to ensure that the character has the right rules
          >> applied.
          >>
          >> You can see the name of the current sources in the PCGen window title.
          >>
          >> If you need to change the sources for a character, turn off the "Load
          >> sources with PC" option in preferences> Sources, load the desired
          >> sources, load your character, save your character again (I'd recommend
          >> to a new file) and then reactivate "Load Sources with PC" in
          >> preferences. The saved character will now be registered against the new
          >> sources which will be checked each time you load the character.
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >> James.
          >>
          >> On 1/11/2012 5:12 PM sugarpimp@... wrote
          >>> OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.
          >>>
          >>> Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.

        • UnclePete
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2012
            I've been having the same issue. I used James' instructions and managed
            to add my new source (a homebrew for our game's house rules), but it's a
            torturous path for a simple requirement. Has anyone thought of a
            method/function to do an 'add/delete source' to an existing character?

            Pete