Re: [pcgen_bod] PCGen v6.00.0 RC1 Released!

  • sugarpimp@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2012
      OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.

      Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.

      > They should be there. Were there any errors in the log (hit F10 to access)?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James Dempsey
      > PCGen Code SB
      >

      > On 1 November 2012 16:26, sugarpimp@... <jonschatz@...>wrote:
      >
      > > I've tested on my Macintosh with no errors. Char files from 5.17.20
      > > converted without problem.
      > >
      > > One question: I'm loading pathfinder - advanced data set but not seeing
      > > any of the classes from the advance players guide (alchemist, oracle, etc.)
      > > I thought these had been coded.

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012

        Yes by default PCGen loads the correct sources when you load a
        character. This is done to ensure that the character has the right rules
        applied.

        You can see the name of the current sources in the PCGen window title.

        If you need to change the sources for a character, turn off the "Load
        sources with PC" option in preferences > Sources, load the desired
        sources, load your character, save your character again (I'd recommend
        to a new file) and then reactivate "Load Sources with PC" in
        preferences. The saved character will now be registered against the new
        sources which will be checked each time you load the character.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 1/11/2012 5:12 PM sugarpimp@... wrote
        > OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.
        >
        > Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.
        >

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> They should be there. Were there any errors in the log (hit F10 to access)?
        >>
        >> Cheers,
        >> James Dempsey
        >> PCGen Code SB
        >>

        >> On 1 November 2012 16:26, sugarpimp@...<jonschatz@...>wrote:
        >>
        >>> I've tested on my Macintosh with no errors. Char files from 5.17.20
        >>> converted without problem.
        >>>
        >>> One question: I'm loading pathfinder - advanced data set but not seeing
        >>> any of the classes from the advance players guide (alchemist, oracle, etc.)
        >>> I thought these had been coded.

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
          Hi Folks!

          Just close the loop here I have tried RC1 and it works as its upposed to. I see all of the APG classes.

          Maredudd
          Doc 2nd and Mac User

        • sugarpimp@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
            OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

            Of note though, the chars I've been loading that keep changing the source material were all also created with "pathfinder for players - advanced" loaded in previous versions. So I'm wondering if this may be some sort of save file compatibility issue with RC1.

            > Yes by default PCGen loads the correct sources when you load a
            > character. This is done to ensure that the character has the right rules
            > applied.
            >
            > You can see the name of the current sources in the PCGen window title.
            >
            > If you need to change the sources for a character, turn off the "Load
            > sources with PC" option in preferences > Sources, load the desired
            > sources, load your character, save your character again (I'd recommend
            > to a new file) and then reactivate "Load Sources with PC" in
            > preferences. The saved character will now be registered against the new
            > sources which will be checked each time you load the character.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James.
            >
            > On 1/11/2012 5:12 PM sugarpimp@... wrote
            > > OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.
            > >
            > > Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.
            > >

            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@> wrote:
            > >> Hi,
            > >>
            > >> They should be there. Were there any errors in the log (hit F10 to access)?
            > >>
            > >> Cheers,
            > >> James Dempsey
            > >> PCGen Code SB

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2012

              Could you send me a sample character or two please? I'd like to try this
              one out myself. Either send it via direct email, or open a help jira at
              http://jira.pcgen.org please.

              Cheers,
              James.

              On 2/11/2012 12:44 AM sugarpimp@... wrote
              > OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
              >
              > Of note though, the chars I've been loading that keep changing the source material were all also created with "pathfinder for players - advanced" loaded in previous versions. So I'm wondering if this may be some sort of save file compatibility issue with RC1.
              >

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
              >> Hi,
              >>
              >> Yes by default PCGen loads the correct sources when you load a
              >> character. This is done to ensure that the character has the right rules
              >> applied.
              >>
              >> You can see the name of the current sources in the PCGen window title.
              >>
              >> If you need to change the sources for a character, turn off the "Load
              >> sources with PC" option in preferences> Sources, load the desired
              >> sources, load your character, save your character again (I'd recommend
              >> to a new file) and then reactivate "Load Sources with PC" in
              >> preferences. The saved character will now be registered against the new
              >> sources which will be checked each time you load the character.
              >>
              >> Cheers,
              >> James.
              >>
              >> On 1/11/2012 5:12 PM sugarpimp@... wrote
              >>> OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.
              >>>
              >>> Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.

            • UnclePete
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 3, 2012
                I've been having the same issue. I used James' instructions and managed
                to add my new source (a homebrew for our game's house rules), but it's a
                torturous path for a simple requirement. Has anyone thought of a
                method/function to do an 'add/delete source' to an existing character?

                Pete