[PRExxx] tags in spells

  • Distant Scholar
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2012
      I would like to know if the following is expected or intended behavior.

      If a character qualifies for a spell, except for a PREFEAT tag in the spell definition, the spell shows up in red on the spell list, and the spell cannot be taken. If then the appropriate feat is taken, the red is gone, and the spell can be taken.

      If, however, there is a CLASSES:Monkey Mage=1[PREFEAT:Monkey Magic] tag, if the feat is not taken the spell does not show up in the class list (even in red). If the feat is then taken, the spell still does not show up until a save/reload is done with the character. Similar behavior occurs if the feat is removed.

      Should these two act differently?

      Side question: Is there a way to only show the spells a character is qualified to take? I can't see a "Qualified" button like there is for races, templates, classes, and feats/abilities.

      DS/DL
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2012

        CLASSES with a PRExxx on them act as a VISIBLE:Qualify - I'd recommend against it as it's a HUGE
        memory drain and slows performance down. The Save/Reload issue, I'm unsure of, it's been a LONG time
        since I've personally played a game where I used it myself.

        Your best bet is to use a PRExxx standalone, or PREMULT standalone though, cleaner.

        You'll need to raise a Feature Request for the Qualified on the spell tab.

        On 10/28/2012 1:24 AM, Distant Scholar wrote:
        > I would like to know if the following is expected or intended behavior.
        >
        > If a character qualifies for a spell, except for a PREFEAT tag in the spell definition, the spell shows up in red on the spell list, and the spell cannot be taken. If then the appropriate feat is taken, the red is gone, and the spell can be taken.
        >
        > If, however, there is a CLASSES:Monkey Mage=1[PREFEAT:Monkey Magic] tag, if the feat is not taken the spell does not show up in the class list (even in red). If the feat is then taken, the spell still does not show up until a save/reload is done with the character. Similar behavior occurs if the feat is removed.
        >
        > Should these two act differently?
        >
        > Side question: Is there a way to only show the spells a character is qualified to take? I can't see a "Qualified" button like there is for races, templates, classes, and feats/abilities.
        >
        > DS/DL

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2012
          Thanks for the advice; I'll take the how-to questions to the other list.

          DS/DL

          On 10/28/2012 4:52 AM, Andrew wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > CLASSES with a PRExxx on them act as a VISIBLE:Qualify - I'd recommend
          > against it as it's a HUGE
          > memory drain and slows performance down. The Save/Reload issue, I'm
          > unsure of, it's been a LONG time
          > since I've personally played a game where I used it myself.
          >
          > Your best bet is to use a PRExxx standalone, or PREMULT standalone
          > though, cleaner.
          >
          > You'll need to raise a Feature Request for the Qualified on the spell tab.
          >
          > On 10/28/2012 1:24 AM, Distant Scholar wrote:
          > > I would like to know if the following is expected or intended behavior.
          > >
          > > If a character qualifies for a spell, except for a PREFEAT tag in
          > the spell definition, the spell shows up in red on the spell list, and
          > the spell cannot be taken. If then the appropriate feat is taken, the
          > red is gone, and the spell can be taken.
          > >
          > > If, however, there is a CLASSES:Monkey Mage=1[PREFEAT:Monkey Magic]
          > tag, if the feat is not taken the spell does not show up in the class
          > list (even in red). If the feat is then taken, the spell still does
          > not show up until a save/reload is done with the character. Similar
          > behavior occurs if the feat is removed.
          > >
          > > Should these two act differently?
          > >
          > > Side question: Is there a way to only show the spells a character is
          > qualified to take? I can't see a "Qualified" button like there is for
          > races, templates, classes, and feats/abilities.
          > >
          > > DS/DL

        • FerretDave
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 28, 2012
            The Qualified filter on spells is already requested - CODE-1795