Erratas used?

  • Ragabash Moon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2012
      So, recently the book Paths of Prestige came out, and nearly as soon as it did
      Paizo released a blog detailing errata for the Winter Witch Archetype. While I
      don't like some of the changes they are making to it (being required to take
      certain hexes rather than getting them free in addition to your normal picks),
      overall it IS more balanced and will more than likely soon be official with
      Pathfinder Society, if it isn't already (wasn't last time I read the blog they
      posted it in).

      So, my question is, when errata make huge changes (or at least, huge in the
      sense of programming like this) do you guys use the errata, or use the hard copy
      book as written?

      'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
      sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
      land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
      be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
      Ballad of Serenity

      RagabashMoon@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22, 2012
        Hi,

        When we are aware of errata, we make an effort to update the sets accordingly.

        Cheers,

        On 10/22/2012 3:55 PM, Ragabash Moon wrote:
        > So, recently the book Paths of Prestige came out, and nearly as soon as it did
        > Paizo released a blog detailing errata for the Winter Witch Archetype. While I
        > don't like some of the changes they are making to it (being required to take
        > certain hexes rather than getting them free in addition to your normal picks),
        > overall it IS more balanced and will more than likely soon be official with
        > Pathfinder Society, if it isn't already (wasn't last time I read the blog they
        > posted it in).
        >
        > So, my question is, when errata make huge changes (or at least, huge in the
        > sense of programming like this) do you guys use the errata, or use the hard copy
        > book as written?
        >

        > 'Take my love, take my land, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the
        > sky from me. Take me out to the Black, tell them I ain't comin' back, burn the
        > land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can
        > be, since I've found Serenity, you can't take the sky from me." -- Joss Whedon,
        > Ballad of Serenity
        >
        > RagabashMoon@...

      • Ragabash Moon
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2012
          Alright, thanks! That's what I thought. S not sure how official the Paths of
          Prestige Winter Witch errata is yet, but here is a link to it (along with the
          article that tells why they made the changes they did so soon, and it does talk
          about in the comments section how they are planning to have it official with the
          PFS by the time the Witches of Irrisen Adventure Path comes out comes out next
          year)

          http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ldw8&page=2?Winter-Witch-Revisited