[pcgen] how to verify where a file was loaded from/will be saved to

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2012
      I currently have 5.17.(16,17,18,19) installed, so I can check which
      version(s) show particular bugs...

      each installation's /characters sub-folder has copies of the same set of
      files...
      I'm finding it difficult to verify that I have actually opened the right
      copy of the files, especially when using the recent-files menu;
      further many of the characters have attached companions e.g. Summoner +
      Eidolon, and I wish to check that that character sheet has been loaded
      from the right folder.

      Is the some way to check this, some property visible in the UI, which I
      can use for this check?

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2012
        Hi Neil,

        On 15/10/2012 6:37 AM Saxum Caribetum wrote
        > I currently have 5.17.(16,17,18,19) installed, so I can check which
        > version(s) show particular bugs...
        >
        > each installation's /characters sub-folder has copies of the same set of
        > files...
        > I'm finding it difficult to verify that I have actually opened the right
        > copy of the files, especially when using the recent-files menu;
        > further many of the characters have attached companions e.g. Summoner +
        > Eidolon, and I wish to check that that character sheet has been loaded
        > from the right folder.
        >
        > Is the some way to check this, some property visible in the UI, which I
        > can use for this check?
        If you hover over the entry in the recent characters list you will see
        the full path to that character.

        Cheers,
        James.