increased memory usage (heap creep), and duplicate source materials in load list

  • tripleduck
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2012
      heap creep:
      I mentioned before (with a jira) about used heap creeping up in size. It's still doing it. After loading sources, I'm at 135M.
      After loading a character, it jumps up +15-20M and never goes lower. Hit a "reload sources" and it jumped up to 210M. Even a GC never takes it lower than 200M. I then reload another character that uses different sources, and it's now 360M (GC drops it to 210M). Another reload of a different character takes it to 300M, which doesn't lower with GC. Unloading all characters and source materials still never goes below 270M at this point. It seems the more times I load sources and characters, the higher the minimum goes.

      This might not be so much a problem with people generating characters normally, but since I load and reload a lot for testing UC stuff, its definitely eating up more and more memory.

      duplicate source materials in the loaded list:
      I'm loading Pathfinder CRB, APG, ARG, UC, and Bestiary. UC is showing up in the source materials list twice. After testing, it doesn't matter what I load with UC, it always shows twice.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2012
        Hi there, can you reopen the JIRA please - looks like James might have to
        have another crack at it :-)

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2012
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg wrote:
          > Hi there, can you reopen the JIRA please - looks like James might
          > have to have another crack at it :-)

          Will do.

          Part of the reason I mention this too, is that after about 4-5 source reloads, PCGen starts dragging during the source reloads. After I've reloaded 2-3 times, I just restart the program as its much faster in the long run. :)