Re: [pcgen] Noob question about Paizo's ROTRL Pathfinder Adventure Path

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 9 7:31 PM
      Hi,

      Yes, after a thorough look, it would appear the Campaign traits were never coded up. Then I looked
      through the book, and I'm not seeing any.

      The exact book name and a page please.

      On 10/9/2012 6:50 PM, Andrew wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Doing a quick search, it doesn't look like the campaign traits were coded up. Odd. Let me dig a
      > little further.
      >
      > On 10/9/2012 6:30 PM, Rob wrote:
      >> I've downloaded 5.17.19 Beta and loaded:
      >>
      >> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide
      >> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
      >> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
      >> Paizo- Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide
      >>
      >> I'm trying to create a character, but I do not seem to have the Campaign Traits in my trait list. Any suggestions? Do I need to load the first adventure path chapter or something? I have the PDF of the ROTRL Player's Guide and the campaign traits are in there...
      >>
      >> For example, "Monster Hunter" is in the PG but not in my traits list.
      >>
      >> Any ideas?
      >>
      >> Rob

      >> Yahoo! Groups Links

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 9 7:54 PM
        *Assuming* the OP is referring to the Anniversary addition of RotRL,
        page 4 & page 6.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        On 10/9/2012 10:31 PM, Andrew wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Yes, after a thorough look, it would appear the Campaign traits were never coded up. Then I looked
        > through the book, and I'm not seeing any.
        >
        > The exact book name and a page please.
        >

        > On 10/9/2012 6:50 PM, Andrew wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> Doing a quick search, it doesn't look like the campaign traits were coded up. Odd. Let me dig a
        >> little further.
        >>
        >> On 10/9/2012 6:30 PM, Rob wrote:
        >>> I've downloaded 5.17.19 Beta and loaded:
        >>>
        >>> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide
        >>> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
        >>> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
        >>> Paizo- Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide
        >>>
        >>> I'm trying to create a character, but I do not seem to have the Campaign Traits in my trait list. Any suggestions? Do I need to load the first adventure path chapter or something? I have the PDF of the ROTRL Player's Guide and the campaign traits are in there...
        >>>
        >>> For example, "Monster Hunter" is in the PG but not in my traits list.
        >>>
        >>> Any ideas?
        >>>
        >>> Rob

        >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 9 7:59 PM
          However, I am not sure that Player's Guide has been coded at all!

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9 8:02 PM
            Hi,

            No, that version we have is 3.5e with a Pathfinder Conversion. Not any new edition.

            On 10/9/2012 7:59 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
            > However, I am not sure that Player's Guide has been coded at all!
            >
            > -- david
            > Papa.DRB
            >
            > My better half and me (jpg)

            > On 10/9/2012 10:54 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
            >> *Assuming* the OP is referring to the Anniversary addition of RotRL,
            >> page 4 & page 6.
            >>
            >> -- david
            >> Papa.DRB
            >>
            >> My better half and me (jpg)
            >> <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

            >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>

            >> On 10/9/2012 10:31 PM, Andrew wrote:
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> Yes, after a thorough look, it would appear the Campaign traits were
            >>> never coded up. Then I looked
            >>> through the book, and I'm not seeing any.
            >>>
            >>> The exact book name and a page please.

          • Rob Allen
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 10 1:16 PM
              Yes, that's exactly right. The Anniversary Edition Player's Guide - which is also missing a lot of the various other references I found in the software, notably equipment.

              Guess it's time to start learning how to create custom traits. :)

              Thanks for the responses, guys.

              Rob

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 10 1:35 PM
                Hi,

                Yes, PCGen doesn't have the Anniversary Edition - first I've heard of till yesterday.

                Cheers,

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 11 11:01 AM
                  I've got it, not much crunch so will try & get it in tonight (to NFD)...

                  Cheers

                  Paul

                • pshipley@ymail.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 11 1:23 PM
                    ... and first pass is in NFD @ SVN 17750 [NEWSOURCE-149]. One bug to fix then will be ready for review.

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pshipley@..." <paul_shipley@...> wrote:

                    > I've got it, not much crunch so will try & get it in tonight (to NFD)...
                    >
                    > Cheers
                    >
                    > Paul
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > Yes, PCGen doesn't have the Anniversary Edition - first I've heard of till yesterday.
                    > >
                    > > Cheers,
                    > >
                    > > On 10/10/2012 1:16 PM, Rob Allen wrote:
                    > > > Yes, that's exactly right. The Anniversary Edition Player's Guide - which is also missing a lot of the various other references I found in the software, notably equipment.
                    > > >
                    > > > Guess it's time to start learning how to create custom traits. :)
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks for the responses, guys.
                    > > >
                    > > > Rob

                    <snip>
                  • Rob Allen
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 11 1:30 PM
                      Holy crap, you guys are amazing. :)

                    • pshipley@ymail.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 11 2:29 PM
                        Heh, it's a nice easy short set & I happened to need it for my play by mail game :-) Bug fixed & it's now in for data review so hopefully it'll turn up in the main distribution before too long.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 11 5:18 PM
                          Hi,

                          Full Release At revision: 17754 - It's in.

                          Cheers,

                          On 10/11/2012 2:29 PM, pshipley@... wrote:
                          > Heh, it's a nice easy short set & I happened to need it for my play by mail game :-) Bug fixed & it's now in for data review so hopefully it'll turn up in the main distribution before too long.
                          >
                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Rob Allen <allenr@...> wrote:
                          >> Holy crap, you guys are amazing. :)
                          >>
                          >>> ... and first pass is in NFD @ SVN 17750 [NEWSOURCE-149].

                        • Rob Allen
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 11 6:26 PM
                            That's awesome. Next noob question: I go into Subversion and grab the tarball from the appropriate folder, I'm assuming. Can I add it to an already-generated character without hosing it up?
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 11 7:09 PM
                              Hi,

                              Yes, you can go into subversion and grab it if you'd like. And no, adding it to the character will
                              not "hose it up".

                              Cheers,

                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 11 8:07 PM
                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 11 11:09 PM
                                  Hi,

                                  No, it didn't push in, I've fixed that.

                                  Cheers,

                                  On 10/11/2012 8:07 PM, Rob Allen wrote:
                                  > So, okay. I went here:
                                  >
                                  > http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_ae_players_guide/
                                  >
                                  > But the folder's empty. Am I doing something wrong?

                                • Rob Allen
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 12 8:20 AM
                                    Thanks Andrew, I appreciate it.

                                    Rob