Re: [pcgen] Noob question about Paizo's ROTRL Pathfinder Adventure Path

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 9, 2012

      Doing a quick search, it doesn't look like the campaign traits were coded up. Odd. Let me dig a
      little further.

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 9, 2012

        Yes, after a thorough look, it would appear the Campaign traits were never coded up. Then I looked
        through the book, and I'm not seeing any.

        The exact book name and a page please.

        On 10/9/2012 6:50 PM, Andrew wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Doing a quick search, it doesn't look like the campaign traits were coded up. Odd. Let me dig a
        > little further.
        >
        > On 10/9/2012 6:30 PM, Rob wrote:
        >> I've downloaded 5.17.19 Beta and loaded:
        >>
        >> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide
        >> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
        >> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
        >> Paizo- Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide
        >>
        >> I'm trying to create a character, but I do not seem to have the Campaign Traits in my trait list. Any suggestions? Do I need to load the first adventure path chapter or something? I have the PDF of the ROTRL Player's Guide and the campaign traits are in there...
        >>
        >> For example, "Monster Hunter" is in the PG but not in my traits list.
        >>
        >> Any ideas?
        >>
        >> Rob

        >> Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 9, 2012
          *Assuming* the OP is referring to the Anniversary addition of RotRL,
          page 4 & page 6.

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)

          On 10/9/2012 10:31 PM, Andrew wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Yes, after a thorough look, it would appear the Campaign traits were never coded up. Then I looked
          > through the book, and I'm not seeing any.
          >
          > The exact book name and a page please.
          >

          > On 10/9/2012 6:50 PM, Andrew wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> Doing a quick search, it doesn't look like the campaign traits were coded up. Odd. Let me dig a
          >> little further.
          >>
          >> On 10/9/2012 6:30 PM, Rob wrote:
          >>> I've downloaded 5.17.19 Beta and loaded:
          >>>
          >>> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Player's Guide
          >>> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
          >>> Paizo - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
          >>> Paizo- Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide
          >>>
          >>> I'm trying to create a character, but I do not seem to have the Campaign Traits in my trait list. Any suggestions? Do I need to load the first adventure path chapter or something? I have the PDF of the ROTRL Player's Guide and the campaign traits are in there...
          >>>
          >>> For example, "Monster Hunter" is in the PG but not in my traits list.
          >>>
          >>> Any ideas?
          >>>
          >>> Rob

          >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9, 2012
            However, I am not sure that Player's Guide has been coded at all!

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 9, 2012

              No, that version we have is 3.5e with a Pathfinder Conversion. Not any new edition.

              On 10/9/2012 7:59 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
              > However, I am not sure that Player's Guide has been coded at all!
              >
              > -- david
              > Papa.DRB
              >
              > My better half and me (jpg)

              > On 10/9/2012 10:54 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
              >> *Assuming* the OP is referring to the Anniversary addition of RotRL,
              >> page 4 & page 6.
              >>
              >> -- david
              >> Papa.DRB
              >>
              >> My better half and me (jpg)
              >> <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

              >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>

              >> On 10/9/2012 10:31 PM, Andrew wrote:
              >>> Hi,
              >>>
              >>> Yes, after a thorough look, it would appear the Campaign traits were
              >>> never coded up. Then I looked
              >>> through the book, and I'm not seeing any.
              >>>
              >>> The exact book name and a page please.

            • Rob Allen
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 10, 2012
                Yes, that's exactly right. The Anniversary Edition Player's Guide - which is also missing a lot of the various other references I found in the software, notably equipment.

                Guess it's time to start learning how to create custom traits. :)

                Thanks for the responses, guys.

                Rob

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 10, 2012

                  Yes, PCGen doesn't have the Anniversary Edition - first I've heard of till yesterday.

                  Cheers,

                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012
                    I've got it, not much crunch so will try & get it in tonight (to NFD)...

                    Cheers

                    Paul

                  • pshipley@ymail.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012
                      ... and first pass is in NFD @ SVN 17750 [NEWSOURCE-149]. One bug to fix then will be ready for review.

                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pshipley@..." <paul_shipley@...> wrote:

                      > I've got it, not much crunch so will try & get it in tonight (to NFD)...
                      >
                      > Cheers
                      >
                      > Paul
                      >
                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi,
                      > >
                      > > Yes, PCGen doesn't have the Anniversary Edition - first I've heard of till yesterday.
                      > >
                      > > Cheers,
                      > >
                      > > On 10/10/2012 1:16 PM, Rob Allen wrote:
                      > > > Yes, that's exactly right. The Anniversary Edition Player's Guide - which is also missing a lot of the various other references I found in the software, notably equipment.
                      > > >
                      > > > Guess it's time to start learning how to create custom traits. :)
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks for the responses, guys.
                      > > >
                      > > > Rob

                      <snip>
                    • Rob Allen
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012
                        Holy crap, you guys are amazing. :)

                      • pshipley@ymail.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012
                          Heh, it's a nice easy short set & I happened to need it for my play by mail game :-) Bug fixed & it's now in for data review so hopefully it'll turn up in the main distribution before too long.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012

                            Full Release At revision: 17754 - It's in.

                            Cheers,

                            On 10/11/2012 2:29 PM, pshipley@... wrote:
                            > Heh, it's a nice easy short set & I happened to need it for my play by mail game :-) Bug fixed & it's now in for data review so hopefully it'll turn up in the main distribution before too long.
                            >
                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Rob Allen <allenr@...> wrote:
                            >> Holy crap, you guys are amazing. :)
                            >>
                            >>> ... and first pass is in NFD @ SVN 17750 [NEWSOURCE-149].

                          • Rob Allen
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012
                              That's awesome. Next noob question: I go into Subversion and grab the tarball from the appropriate folder, I'm assuming. Can I add it to an already-generated character without hosing it up?
                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012

                                Yes, you can go into subversion and grab it if you'd like. And no, adding it to the character will
                                not "hose it up".

                                Cheers,

                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 11, 2012

                                    No, it didn't push in, I've fixed that.

                                    Cheers,

                                    On 10/11/2012 8:07 PM, Rob Allen wrote:
                                    > So, okay. I went here:
                                    >
                                    > http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_adventure_path/rise_of_the_runelords/rise_of_the_runelords_ae_players_guide/
                                    >
                                    > But the folder's empty. Am I doing something wrong?

                                  • Rob Allen
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 12, 2012
                                      Thanks Andrew, I appreciate it.

                                      Rob