Re: Spells and SPROP

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2012
      Greetings,
      Thanks both, makes sense, it's just that so many times I've added a DESC to an item and wondered why it didnt show... then realised and gone back and changed it to an SPROP to fix...

      Any issue with having the DESC appear in addition to any SPROP? Or perhaps in the same (optional/user setting) way of using BENEFIT over DESC elsewhere?

      Cheers
      Dave

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2012
        Oh, no reason at all I suppose, other than the code doesn't support it and you'd need to open a Code
        Feature request - which would be to add the support to the files, then another request to get the
        export and a third for the house rule. But to be honest, I don't see a viable need for it. SPROP is
        a perfectly reasonable tag, it supports variable names, and PRExxx tags. It is for Equipment and
        Equipment Mods.

        DESC / BENEFIT serves a useful purpose. Hence the support is there. Asking to add a redundant
        feature would be, well... pointless. That's a lot of work to support something that shouldn't be an
        issue in the first place.

        Just remember, you describe feats, spells, and abilities. You don't describe items. They have
        special properties.

        Cheers,

        On 10/8/2012 1:14 AM, FerretDave wrote:
        > Greetings,
        > Thanks both, makes sense, it's just that so many times I've added a DESC to an item and wondered why it didnt show... then realised and gone back and changed it to an SPROP to fix...
        >
        > Any issue with having the DESC appear in addition to any SPROP? Or perhaps in the same (optional/user setting) way of using BENEFIT over DESC elsewhere?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Dave
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <stefan@...> wrote:
        >>> Naming Convention. Weapons are imbued with Special Properties. When you apply something to a weapon,
        >>> it's gaining a Special Property. Hence the Naming SPROP vs. DESC or BENEFIT. DESC and BENEFIT arose
        >>> from Feats.
        >> Also SPROP entries can be generated from EQMODs associated with the
        >> equipment while DESCs are static.
        >>
        >> Stefan

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2012