[pathfinder] [companions] Confusion on companion animal tricks, COST

  • tripleduck
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2012
      I think maybe there might be a problem with the COST thing, relating to animal tricks. I'm not as familiar with companions, so maybe I'm interpreting it wrong? I'm not sure. :/

      So, I create a cavalier character. I give him a camel mount. The camel begins with an INT of 2, which gives him 6 animal tricks. Since my cavalier is level 1, this offers the mount +1 bonus tricks, for a total of 7. PCGen counts this correctly, as it should.

      As well, the cavalier's mount starts as Combat Trained. As per Handle Animal: "An animal trained to bear a rider into combat knows the tricks attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel."

      The problem, at least as I know it, is that the camel is given those listed tricks without cost. Meaning, he has those, as well as 7 more he can pick. I'm pretty sure that's not right. At fourth level, the camel has run out of tricks it can pick. So, any further level gains basically gain nothing in the trick department.

      That can't be right. Right?
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2012
        Yes, you are right, that isn't correct. Open a Jira and I'll look at it tomorrow.

        --
        Andrew

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • tripleduck