Re: [pcgen] Re: [5.17.19-dev] Used heap creep

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012

      Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered Trackers from our old SF tracking system.
      I wouldn't advise filling in any code component unless you actually do know what it is. The Code
      Team is rather good about updating those when needed. ;)

      Cheers,

      On 10/1/2012 2:00 PM, tripleduck wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg wrote:
      >> Raise a code bug for this one, it's a regression.
      > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1709
      >
      > I put it as Needs Verification Review because I frankly don't understand the components for code bugs :)

    • tripleduck
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
        -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
        > Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered
        > Trackers from our old SF tracking system. I wouldn't advise
        > filling in any code component unless you actually do know what
        > it is. The Code Team is rather good about updating those when
        > needed. ;)

        Yea... I just like to be able to fill in as much as is needed. Even if it saves them only a couple of mouse clicks, that a few seconds of time they don't have to spent setting the component... but without knowing fully what they mean, I guess I'm only making it a little worse :/

        Is there some secret place in the wiki that contains details on all that? I couldn't find it. Even if I leave it blank, it'd still be good to know what all that stuff means.
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2012
          Hi Brad,

          On 2/10/2012 1:56 PM tripleduck wrote
          > -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
          >> Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered
          >> Trackers from our old SF tracking system. I wouldn't advise
          >> filling in any code component unless you actually do know what
          >> it is. The Code Team is rather good about updating those when
          >> needed. ;)
          > Yea... I just like to be able to fill in as much as is needed. Even if it saves them only a couple of mouse clicks, that a few seconds of time they don't have to spent setting the component... but without knowing fully what they mean, I guess I'm only making it a little worse :/

          Very much appreciate the concern!

          > Is there some secret place in the wiki that contains details on all that? I couldn't find it. Even if I leave it blank, it'd still be good to know what all that stuff means.
          I'd start with http://wiki.pcgen.org/Architecture which should make a
          few of them clearer. However I think an overhaul of the components is
          past due as I still have problems categorising things at times!

          Cheers,
          James.