Re: [5.17.19-dev] Used heap creep

  • tripleduck
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg wrote:
      > Raise a code bug for this one, it's a regression.

      http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1709

      I put it as Needs Verification Review because I frankly don't understand the components for code bugs :)
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012

        Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered Trackers from our old SF tracking system.
        I wouldn't advise filling in any code component unless you actually do know what it is. The Code
        Team is rather good about updating those when needed. ;)

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
          -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
          > Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered
          > Trackers from our old SF tracking system. I wouldn't advise
          > filling in any code component unless you actually do know what
          > it is. The Code Team is rather good about updating those when
          > needed. ;)

          Yea... I just like to be able to fill in as much as is needed. Even if it saves them only a couple of mouse clicks, that a few seconds of time they don't have to spent setting the component... but without knowing fully what they mean, I guess I'm only making it a little worse :/

          Is there some secret place in the wiki that contains details on all that? I couldn't find it. Even if I leave it blank, it'd still be good to know what all that stuff means.
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2012
            Hi Brad,

            On 2/10/2012 1:56 PM tripleduck wrote
            > -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
            >> Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered
            >> Trackers from our old SF tracking system. I wouldn't advise
            >> filling in any code component unless you actually do know what
            >> it is. The Code Team is rather good about updating those when
            >> needed. ;)
            > Yea... I just like to be able to fill in as much as is needed. Even if it saves them only a couple of mouse clicks, that a few seconds of time they don't have to spent setting the component... but without knowing fully what they mean, I guess I'm only making it a little worse :/

            Very much appreciate the concern!

            > Is there some secret place in the wiki that contains details on all that? I couldn't find it. Even if I leave it blank, it'd still be good to know what all that stuff means.
            I'd start with http://wiki.pcgen.org/Architecture which should make a
            few of them clearer. However I think an overhaul of the components is
            past due as I still have problems categorising things at times!

            Cheers,
            James.