Re: [pcgen] [5.17.19-dev] Used heap creep

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
      Raise a code bug for this one, it's a regression.

      On Monday, 1 October 2012, tripleduck wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Has anyone else noticed a "used heap" creep? When I first load PCGen, it's
      > using around 60,000,000 bytes. After loading CRB,APG,UC, it's at around
      > 110,000,000.
      >
      > I'll load a character, and it jumps to around 200,000,000.
      >
      > I then go and unload the sources and it never drops below 200,000,000. So
      > then I reload the CRB,APG,UC, and it jumps to 400,000,000. I'll then do a
      > garbage collect, and it drops down to 275,000,000. But it'll never drop
      > below this value until I close PCGen and reload it.
      >
      > Each subsequent time I unload and reload sources, the used heap increases
      > and increases and increases.

    • tripleduck
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg wrote:
        > Raise a code bug for this one, it's a regression.

        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1709

        I put it as Needs Verification Review because I frankly don't understand the components for code bugs :)
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012

          Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered Trackers from our old SF tracking system.
          I wouldn't advise filling in any code component unless you actually do know what it is. The Code
          Team is rather good about updating those when needed. ;)

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
            -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
            > Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered
            > Trackers from our old SF tracking system. I wouldn't advise
            > filling in any code component unless you actually do know what
            > it is. The Code Team is rather good about updating those when
            > needed. ;)

            Yea... I just like to be able to fill in as much as is needed. Even if it saves them only a couple of mouse clicks, that a few seconds of time they don't have to spent setting the component... but without knowing fully what they mean, I guess I'm only making it a little worse :/

            Is there some secret place in the wiki that contains details on all that? I couldn't find it. Even if I leave it blank, it'd still be good to know what all that stuff means.
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2012
              Hi Brad,

              On 2/10/2012 1:56 PM tripleduck wrote
              > -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
              >> Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered
              >> Trackers from our old SF tracking system. I wouldn't advise
              >> filling in any code component unless you actually do know what
              >> it is. The Code Team is rather good about updating those when
              >> needed. ;)
              > Yea... I just like to be able to fill in as much as is needed. Even if it saves them only a couple of mouse clicks, that a few seconds of time they don't have to spent setting the component... but without knowing fully what they mean, I guess I'm only making it a little worse :/

              Very much appreciate the concern!

              > Is there some secret place in the wiki that contains details on all that? I couldn't find it. Even if I leave it blank, it'd still be good to know what all that stuff means.
              I'd start with http://wiki.pcgen.org/Architecture which should make a
              few of them clearer. However I think an overhaul of the components is
              past due as I still have problems categorising things at times!

              Cheers,
              James.