[pcgen] [5.17.19-dev] Used heap creep

  • tripleduck
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
      Has anyone else noticed a "used heap" creep? When I first load PCGen, it's using around 60,000,000 bytes. After loading CRB,APG,UC, it's at around 110,000,000.

      I'll load a character, and it jumps to around 200,000,000.

      I then go and unload the sources and it never drops below 200,000,000. So then I reload the CRB,APG,UC, and it jumps to 400,000,000. I'll then do a garbage collect, and it drops down to 275,000,000. But it'll never drop below this value until I close PCGen and reload it.

      Each subsequent time I unload and reload sources, the used heap increases and increases and increases.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
        Raise a code bug for this one, it's a regression.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg wrote:
          > Raise a code bug for this one, it's a regression.

          http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1709

          I put it as Needs Verification Review because I frankly don't understand the components for code bugs :)
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012

            Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered Trackers from our old SF tracking system.
            I wouldn't advise filling in any code component unless you actually do know what it is. The Code
            Team is rather good about updating those when needed. ;)

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2012
              -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
              > Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered
              > Trackers from our old SF tracking system. I wouldn't advise
              > filling in any code component unless you actually do know what
              > it is. The Code Team is rather good about updating those when
              > needed. ;)

              Yea... I just like to be able to fill in as much as is needed. Even if it saves them only a couple of mouse clicks, that a few seconds of time they don't have to spent setting the component... but without knowing fully what they mean, I guess I'm only making it a little worse :/

              Is there some secret place in the wiki that contains details on all that? I couldn't find it. Even if I leave it blank, it'd still be good to know what all that stuff means.
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2012
                Hi Brad,

                On 2/10/2012 1:56 PM tripleduck wrote
                > -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                >> Needs Verification Review was meant only for grandfathered
                >> Trackers from our old SF tracking system. I wouldn't advise
                >> filling in any code component unless you actually do know what
                >> it is. The Code Team is rather good about updating those when
                >> needed. ;)
                > Yea... I just like to be able to fill in as much as is needed. Even if it saves them only a couple of mouse clicks, that a few seconds of time they don't have to spent setting the component... but without knowing fully what they mean, I guess I'm only making it a little worse :/

                Very much appreciate the concern!

                > Is there some secret place in the wiki that contains details on all that? I couldn't find it. Even if I leave it blank, it'd still be good to know what all that stuff means.
                I'd start with http://wiki.pcgen.org/Architecture which should make a
                few of them clearer. However I think an overhaul of the components is
                past due as I still have problems categorising things at times!

                Cheers,
                James.