Re: Weird misc modifier penalty

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2012
      Check your weight carried.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "senseileroof" <senseileroof@...> wrote:

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "huddleston50" <huddleston50@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Using SRD 3.5 rules in PCGen 5.17.18, it seems like halflings are given a -4 misc modifier to their Jump skill, and I don't know why. According to the 3.5 Player's guide, they should be getting a +2 racial bonus. I'm staring a character from scratch, so I don't know what could be causing it. I also don't know very much about the internals of this program, so I don't know how to tear the application apart to try and figure out if there's some other factor affecting this stat.
      > >
      > Isn't it a size penalty?

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2012

        It's the halflings base speed of 20.

        From the PHB:

        "Your Jump check is modified by your speed. If your speed is 30
        feet (the speed of an unarmored human), then no modifier based
        on speed applies to the check. If your speed is less than 30 feet,
        you take a -6 penalty for every 10 feet of speed less than 30 feet."

        So the halfling gets -6 for low speed (20), +2 racial for a total of -4.

        Barak