[pcgen] pathfinder summoner's eidolon in 5.17.18

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2012
      pcgen 5.17.18, PFRPG + APG (+Bestiary 1,2 + Serpent's Skull)

      creating a Summoner level 1, got to adding the Eidolon,
      the Biped is listed with 5 (!) added Evolutions, but none available

      also marks clawed feet in red (inaccessible) although this is not true -
      you can purchase the evolution once for each set of limbs.

      since the action has improved matters in previous versions, I closed and
      re-opened the files.
      Now opening the Eidolon falsely reports "Unable to find master at
      D:\GameP\PCGen\PCGen51718\Sheila - Aasimar summoner - Zariel.pcg" - even
      though I just opened the file, and the path quoted in the error is
      correct. Don't tell me someone got spaces mixed up again?

      Also error report that the Eidolon "could not add equipment: Claws
      (Natural/Primary)" and "no longer proficient with the following
      weapon(s): Claws".

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
    • Saxum Caribetum
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2012
        On 29/09/2012 16:56, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > pcgen 5.17.18, PFRPG + APG (+Bestiary 1,2 + Serpent's Skull)
        >
        > creating a Summoner level 1, got to adding the Eidolon,
        > the Biped is listed with 5 (!) added Evolutions, but none available
        >
        > also marks clawed feet in red (inaccessible) although this is not true
        > - you can purchase the evolution once for each set of limbs.
        >

        > since the action has improved matters in previous versions, I closed
        > and re-opened the files.
        > Now opening the Eidolon falsely reports "Unable to find master at
        > D:\GameP\PCGen\PCGen51718\Sheila - Aasimar summoner - Zariel.pcg" -
        > even though I just opened the file, and the path quoted in the error
        > is correct. Don't tell me someone got spaces mixed up again?
        nope - seems to be general. I copied the 2 files, renamed to exclude
        spaces and special characters (like "'"), and edited the raw PCG to
        match - still no luck

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2012

          Please open a JIRA. Attach the offending files. Cheers,

          On 9/29/2012 9:01 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          > On 29/09/2012 16:56, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          >> pcgen 5.17.18, PFRPG + APG (+Bestiary 1,2 + Serpent's Skull)
          >>
          >> creating a Summoner level 1, got to adding the Eidolon,
          >> the Biped is listed with 5 (!) added Evolutions, but none available
          >>
          >> also marks clawed feet in red (inaccessible) although this is not true
          >> - you can purchase the evolution once for each set of limbs.
          >>

          >> since the action has improved matters in previous versions, I closed
          >> and re-opened the files.
          >> Now opening the Eidolon falsely reports "Unable to find master at
          >> D:\GameP\PCGen\PCGen51718\Sheila - Aasimar summoner - Zariel.pcg" -
          >> even though I just opened the file, and the path quoted in the error
          >> is correct. Don't tell me someone got spaces mixed up again?
          > nope - seems to be general. I copied the 2 files, renamed to exclude
          > spaces and special characters (like "'"), and edited the raw PCG to
          > match - still no luck
          >
          >> Also error report that the Eidolon "could not add equipment: Claws
          >> (Natural/Primary)" and "no longer proficient with the following
          >> weapon(s): Claws".

        • gjorbjond
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2012
            At 1st level you're limited to 3 natural attacks. You can't have claws on both hands and feet. You have to remove the claws on the hands first. At 4th level you can have both sets of claws.

            The "not proficient with claws" error is the same thing that's been happening to a couple sorcerer bloodlines covered in JIRA CODE-423.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:

            > pcgen 5.17.18, PFRPG + APG (+Bestiary 1,2 + Serpent's Skull)
            >
            > creating a Summoner level 1, got to adding the Eidolon,
            > the Biped is listed with 5 (!) added Evolutions, but none available
            >
            > also marks clawed feet in red (inaccessible) although this is not true -
            > you can purchase the evolution once for each set of limbs.
            >

            > since the action has improved matters in previous versions, I closed and
            > re-opened the files.
            > Now opening the Eidolon falsely reports "Unable to find master at
            > D:\GameP\PCGen\PCGen51718\Sheila - Aasimar summoner - Zariel.pcg" - even
            > though I just opened the file, and the path quoted in the error is
            > correct. Don't tell me someone got spaces mixed up again?
            >
            > Also error report that the Eidolon "could not add equipment: Claws
            > (Natural/Primary)" and "no longer proficient with the following
            > weapon(s): Claws".
            >

            > --
            > Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
            > ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
            > Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
            > Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

          • TAYLOR NEIL
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
              "Ah yes - "*Max. Attacks*: This indicates the maximum number of natural
              attacks that the eidolon is allowed to possess at the given level. If the
              eidolon is at its maximum, it cannot take evolutions that grant additional
              natural attacks. This does not include attacks made with weapons."

              point taken and I will prod the player to RTFM.