Source Materials Did Not Download

  • hbbelcher
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 20, 2012
      Greetings, Oh Wise Ones!

      My old drive crashed, and so I had to redownload PCGEN.

      The problem is that the Source Material wasn't included in that download. Of course, no Source Material means no Character Development.

      I have tried to download the program 4 times now, with the same result.

      Help Me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! You're my Only Hope!
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 20, 2012
        What are you downloading? Provide the web link please.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 20, 2012

          5.16.4 - last production release is here -
          http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/latest/download?source=directory

          Or you can use the spiffy new UI and latest stuff from this one:

          http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/5.17.17%20Beta/

          Cheers,

          On 9/20/2012 9:32 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
          > What are you downloading? Provide the web link please.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)

          > On 9/20/2012 12:31 PM, hbbelcher wrote:
          >> Greetings, Oh Wise Ones!
          >>
          >> My old drive crashed, and so I had to redownload PCGEN.
          >>
          >> The problem is that the Source Material wasn't included in that download. Of course, no Source Material means no Character Development.
          >>
          >> I have tried to download the program 4 times now, with the same result.
          >>
          >> Help Me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! You're my Only Hope!

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

        • tripleduck
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 20, 2012
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "hbbelcher" <hbbelcher@...> wrote:

            I wholly suggest you heed Andrew's advice and download the latest beta (5.17.18). The interface is massively superior and really adds a lot to the PCGen experience. :)
          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 20, 2012
              5.17.17 is the latest beta available.

              Maredudd

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 20, 2012
                > 5.17.17 is the latest beta available.

                Whoops! I forget since I tend to use the latest autobuilds :) My mistake!
              • hbbelcher
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 21, 2012
                  Iused http://sourceforge. net/projects/ pcgen/files/ latest/download? source=directory

                  Same result--or non-result.

                  i'm now going with
                  http://sourceforge. net/projects/ pcgen/files/ PCGen%20Unstable /5.17.17% 20Beta/

                  Hopefully it will work.

                  hbelcher

                  > What are you downloading? Provide the web link please.
                  >
                  > -- david
                  > Papa.DRB
                  >
                  > My better half and me (jpg)

                  > On 9/20/2012 12:31 PM, hbbelcher wrote:
                  > > Greetings, Oh Wise Ones!
                  > >
                  > > My old drive crashed, and so I had to redownload PCGEN.
                  > >
                  > > The problem is that the Source Material wasn't included in that download. Of course, no Source Material means no Character Development.
                  > >
                  > > I have tried to download the program 4 times now, with the same result.
                  > >
                  > > Help Me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! You're my Only Hope!

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Eric C Smith
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 21, 2012
                    What OS and version of Java are you running?

                    Maredudd

                    On Sep 21, 2012, at 11:35 AM, hbbelcher wrote:

                    > Iused http://sourceforge. net/projects/ pcgen/files/ latest/download? source=directory
                    >
                    > Same result--or non-result.
                    >
                    > i'm now going with
                    > http://sourceforge. net/projects/ pcgen/files/ PCGen%20Unstable /5.17.17% 20Beta/
                    >
                    > Hopefully it will work.
                    >
                    > hbelcher
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > What are you downloading? Provide the web link please.
                    > >
                    > > -- david
                    > > Papa.DRB
                    > >
                    > > My better half and me (jpg)
                    > > <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>
                    > >
                    > > Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                    > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>

                    > > For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
                    > > believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)
                    > > On 9/20/2012 12:31 PM, hbbelcher wrote:
                    > > > Greetings, Oh Wise Ones!
                    > > >
                    > > > My old drive crashed, and so I had to redownload PCGEN.
                    > > >
                    > > > The problem is that the Source Material wasn't included in that download. Of course, no Source Material means no Character Development.
                    > > >
                    > > > I have tried to download the program 4 times now, with the same result.
                    > > >
                    > > > Help Me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! You're my Only Hope!

                    > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • hbbelcher
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 8, 2012
                      Sorry for the delay:been ill.

                      I have Windows7 , and my Java is up to date: I just checked it/

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 8, 2012

                        Okay, Download 5.17.19 (It's a Beta Release)
                        That is compatible with Win7

                        Also, check out this link - it might answer some of those questions on why things aren't working in Win7

                        http://wiki.pcgen.org/FAQ_and_Help