Re: [pcgen] Re: [Pathfinder] [Core] [Race] [Vision]

  • Doug Limmer
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 10, 2012
      Will that be able to tell the difference between Darkvision and
      Low-Light Vision, if a specific one is required (e.g., darkvision as a
      racial ability is required; low-light vision doesn't let one qualify)?

      DS/DL

      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 10, 2012

        PREMULT:2,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision],[Second Qualifier]

        Second qualifier - PREVISION or PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ <Z>

        z= Darkvision or Low-Light

        Whichever you'd like ;)

        Cheers,

        On 9/10/2012 4:26 PM, Doug Limmer wrote:
        > Will that be able to tell the difference between Darkvision and
        > Low-Light Vision, if a specific one is required (e.g., darkvision as a
        > racial ability is required; low-light vision doesn't let one qualify)?
        >
        > DS/DL
        >
        > On 9/10/2012 7:02 PM, Andrew wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> Oh, then I can help there. Let's make it really simple -
        >>
        >> PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
        >>
        >> Any Race with the swappable Abilities HAVE this TYPE in those "Dummy"
        >> abilities.
        >>
        >> Hope that helps. (Lot less bulky then spelling out each ability).
        >>
        >> On 9/10/2012 1:14 PM, tripleduck wrote:
        >>> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
        >>> Swapping out vision types is definitely a big part of it, since the
        >> ARG has racial traits to do just that. However, the Jira also
        >> specifically mentions using "racial trait" darkvision and low-light as
        >> feat prerequisites. It was like the first thing I said :)
        >>> Really, if PREVISION and/or the PREABILITY line as given above take
        >> into account whether or not the vision type is a racial trait only,
        >> then it's all a moot point and your method or PREVISION would work dandy.

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 29 , Sep 10, 2012
          Using PCGen v5.17.16 and output sheet csheet_fantasy_std_blue_light.xslt

          It also does not show up in the character sheet tab.

          Rick Davis

          Message 4 of 29 , Sep 10, 2012

            Try the 'Condensed Spell Sheet', see if it appears.

            Message 5 of 29 , Sep 10, 2012
              I missed your character sheet tab. Yes, it does not appear there. Different programming languages,
              the same fix/solution doesn't handle the htm output code.

              But since you've asked, I'll see about Putting 'Normal' in the vision field when no other vision exists.

              Message 6 of 29 , Sep 10, 2012

                Vision added to the Standard Preview - Completed: At revision: 17223

                There you go.

                Message 7 of 29 , Sep 10, 2012

                  Works for me with the specified sheet - sent a pdf to your email.

                • tripleduck
                  Message 8 of 29 , Sep 11, 2012
                    > Oh, then I can help there. Let's make it really simple -
                    > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision

                    lol, I swear I tried this. :/ Well, it works now.

                    > Any Race with the swappable Abilities HAVE this TYPE in those
                    > "Dummy" abilities. Hope that helps. (Lot less bulky then spelling
                    > out each ability).

                    Absolutely! Very nice solution and not bulky.

                    There is one other issue, though, that is related to vision, but not this specific issue.

                    PREVISION now requires that each given vision type have a range given (ex Darkvision=30). The problem with this is that Low-Light doesn't exactly work like that. As per the description from Paizo, low-light races "can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light." And since how far a human can see is subjective to visibility and line-of-sight, no real number value can be assigned.

                    Take this example:
                    PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30,Low-Light

                    As a result of the =x requirement, half-elves (and other low-light races) fail the PREVISION=Low-Light, because PCGen is forcing the 30' range from Darkvision (or so I suspect) onto Low-Light.

                    Now, this is solved by using:
                    PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light

                    As you had suggested as an alternative. But I guess my point is, forcing PREVISION to take a range basically makes it useless for Low-Light. Unless there's something I'm just missing :)
                    Message 9 of 29 , Sep 11, 2012

                      Uhg, we slipped into LST coding, we really should move this over to the PCGen List File Help
                      section. Please follow up over there.

                      It shouldn't be cross-polluting, but if it's the case:

                      PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]

                      If that works, then you have a bug.

                      You may try:

                      PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30