Empty charts in PCGen v.5.16.3

  • huddleston50
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2012
      I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm running into a bug,
      but whenever I try to use PCGen (I tried both 5.16.3 and 5.16.4 on both
      Linux and Windows 7 64-bit), all the chart areas are blank.
      I tried to follow the instructions on
      http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/walkthroughpages/walkthr\
      oughcreatenew.html for starting a new character using Game Mode 3.5e and
      SRD 3.5 for Players. I gave the character a name and stats, but when I
      switch over to the Race and Class tabs, nothing shows up in the chart
      area (screenshot here: http://imgur.com/KO4kn).
      I'm new to PCGen. I was hoping that our group could move to it from
      eTools because our DM has lost the installer file.

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2012
        You are probably using Java version 7 (1.7). It is not compatible with
        PCGen 5.17.10 (.11?) or earlier. You have to download Java 6 (1.6) and
        point the PCGen to it, or download the latest PCGen version 5.17.17 or
        wait till Monday and download 5.17.17

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)