Re: [pcgen] Dreamscarred Press Kickstart project

  • Doug Limmer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
      "If" they reach $10,000? They passed it a while ago. :-)

      I'm the one who coded up Psionics Unleashed (standing on the shoulders
      of those who coded the XPH) and two of the six Psionics Expanded
      releases. The others haven't been coded yet, nor has the additional
      stuff that was in Psionics Expanded or will be squeezed into Ultimate
      Psionics.

      This is partially because there's some things I am not sure how to
      approach (for example: "high psionics" rules, 0-level power rules,
      additional power knowledge) and partially because it's something of a
      moving target (DSP has no compunctions about issuing errata at pretty
      much any time). And partially because I got sidetracked by other
      projects while waiting for releases.

      With Herolab being a for-money operation, I imagine they'll give some
      Kickstarter money to ... Lone Wolf, is it? ... and ask them to
      officially code the book. They might think they can do the same thing
      with PCGen.

      Dreamscarred has not asked me about coding up the book. I suspect they
      might possibly do so in the future.

      DS/DL

      On 9/1/2012 10:52 PM, Andrew wrote:

      > I wonder who they have doing the pcgen files... (If they reach the
      > 10,000 goal that's when those
      > files are available).
      >
      > Or did we already finish those files and I lost track of it. ;)
      >
      > On 9/1/2012 7:45 PM, Paul wrote:
      > > Here's a worthy Kickstarter from Dreamscarred Press, and as stated
      > on the paizo forums everyone $20+ will be getting Herolab and/or PCGen
      > files.
      > >
      > > -Paul
      > >

      > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/197021008/ultimate-psionics-hardcover
      > >

      > http://paizo.com/forums/dmtz67bh&page=3?Dreamscarred-Press-First-Dreamscarred#145

    • Maredudd
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
        Hi Doug,

        I would say that if they haven't approached you yet they may have other plans. Either that or they are being WAY PRESUMPTIOUS with their stretch goal.

        Paul G, perhaps the PL team needs to reach out and see what their plans are.

        Maredudd

        Sent from my iPad

        On Sep 2, 2012, at 3:22 AM, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:

        > "If" they reach $10,000? They passed it a while ago. :-)
        >
        > I'm the one who coded up Psionics Unleashed (standing on the shoulders
        > of those who coded the XPH) and two of the six Psionics Expanded
        > releases. The others haven't been coded yet, nor has the additional
        > stuff that was in Psionics Expanded or will be squeezed into Ultimate
        > Psionics.
        >
        > This is partially because there's some things I am not sure how to
        > approach (for example: "high psionics" rules, 0-level power rules,
        > additional power knowledge) and partially because it's something of a
        > moving target (DSP has no compunctions about issuing errata at pretty
        > much any time). And partially because I got sidetracked by other
        > projects while waiting for releases.
        >
        > With Herolab being a for-money operation, I imagine they'll give some
        > Kickstarter money to ... Lone Wolf, is it? ... and ask them to
        > officially code the book. They might think they can do the same thing
        > with PCGen.
        >
        > Dreamscarred has not asked me about coding up the book. I suspect they
        > might possibly do so in the future.
        >
        > DS/DL
        >
        > On 9/1/2012 10:52 PM, Andrew wrote:
        > >
        > > I wonder who they have doing the pcgen files... (If they reach the
        > > 10,000 goal that's when those
        > > files are available).
        > >
        > > Or did we already finish those files and I lost track of it. ;)
        > >
        > > On 9/1/2012 7:45 PM, Paul wrote:
        > > > Here's a worthy Kickstarter from Dreamscarred Press, and as stated
        > > on the paizo forums everyone $20+ will be getting Herolab and/or PCGen
        > > files.
        > > >
        > > > -Paul
        > > >

        > > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/197021008/ultimate-psionics-hardcover
        > > >

        > > http://paizo.com/forums/dmtz67bh&page=3?Dreamscarred-Press-First-Dreamscarred#145

      • masaru20100
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2012
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Maredudd wrote:

          > Hi Doug,
          >
          > I would say that if they haven't approached you yet they may have other plans. Either that or they are being WAY PRESUMPTIOUS with their stretch goal.
          >
          > Paul G, perhaps the PL team needs to reach out and see what their plans are.

          Jeremy Smith said (http://dreamscarredpress.com/dragonfly/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=2190/finish=20/start=20.html)

          "Alright, I've posted up the $10,000 stretch goal - Hero Lab and PC Gen files! And I'm putting a caveat in that since this is something we've never done before (we've had volunteers kindly do some of it for us on Psionics Unleashed), we may not have it available at the same time as the finished book.

          But, we will create them and get them to everybody who gets the PDF!"

          That's just for info.