Editing Animal Companion Levels (Pathfinder)

  • lianadraechen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2012
      Hello! I'm an absolute newbie to this group, though I've been using PCGen in my tabletop games for quite a while, now. In the new Pathfinder game we've started, I'm creating a unique "quirk" for each of the PCs, and I plan to make the Ranger's animal companion equivalent to that of a Druid. Currently, I haven't found a way to increase the companion's level manually via the software, so I'm very interested in learning how to edit the data to make this possible.

      I'd be very grateful for any help, suggestions, or instruction you guys can offer!
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2012
        PCGen version?

        Also, are you going to give the Ranger the animal companion at 1st level
        like a Druid, or are you going to wait till 4th level, but make it the
        same as a Druid's companion from that point on?

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2012
          I'm using 5.17.16 right now, since the previous (stable) version didn't play well with Java. I was also planning on waiting until 4th level and going from there, since we've already started the game. (I can always set it up to be retroactive, though, if that would be easier!)

          -Laura

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2012

            This sounds like a List Coding question. Come on over to ListFileHelp group and myself or one of our
            other eager monkeys will begin your Lst Fu education, so you too may master the Lst Code.