Re: [pcgen] Sorcerer spells known wrong in 5.17.16

    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 19, 2012

      Okay, so a base Sorcerer has:
      1 CAST:0,3 KNOWN:4,2

      4 Level 0, 2 Level 1 Known, and the ability to cast 1st level spells 3 times.

      The base file looks fine to me. Any archetypes loaded? Any odd options selected?

      What data sets are you using?
      What is the Charisma of the sorcerer?
      What bloodline did you take?

      On 8/19/2012 2:36 AM, Derlin_13 wrote:
      > In 5.17.16, my arcane sorcerer is listed as having 3 level 1 spells known at character level 1. The error continues and compounds, with 3 level 1 spells still at level 2, 5 at level 3, 6 (and apparently no level 2 spells) at level 4, and 6 (changing to 7) at level 5. It also adds multiple instances of the bloodline bonus spells at levels 3 and 5.

    • Derlin_13
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 19, 2012
        The first problem seems to be solved -- somehow the bonus spells option in the preferences got checked. But the bonus bloodline spell still doubles or triples when I advance the character to and past level 3. No archetypes are loaded, and the data sets I'm using are Paizo - Pathfinder APG, bestiary, core rulebook, ultimate magic playtest Round 3, Pirates of the Inner Sea and Inner Sea Primer. Charisma is 18 (16+human bonus) and the bloodline is Arcane.

        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 19, 2012

          Hm, send me the character. And what the expected numbers should be.

          Thanks,

          On 8/19/2012 8:46 PM, Derlin_13 wrote:
          > The first problem seems to be solved -- somehow the bonus spells option in the preferences got checked. But the bonus bloodline spell still doubles or triples when I advance the character to and past level 3. No archetypes are loaded, and the data sets I'm using are Paizo - Pathfinder APG, bestiary, core rulebook, ultimate magic playtest Round 3, Pirates of the Inner Sea and Inner Sea Primer. Charisma is 18 (16+human bonus) and the bloodline is Arcane.

          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> Okay, so a base Sorcerer has:
          >> 1 CAST:0,3 KNOWN:4,2
          >>
          >> 4 Level 0, 2 Level 1 Known, and the ability to cast 1st level spells 3 times.
          >>
          >> The base file looks fine to me. Any archetypes loaded? Any odd options selected?
          >>
          >> What data sets are you using?
          >> What is the Charisma of the sorcerer?
          >> What bloodline did you take?
          >>
          >> On 8/19/2012 2:36 AM, Derlin_13 wrote:
          >>> In 5.17.16, my arcane sorcerer is listed as having 3 level 1 spells known at character level 1. The error continues and compounds, with 3 level 1 spells still at level 2, 5 at level 3, 6 (and apparently no level 2 spells) at level 4, and 6 (changing to 7) at level 5. It also adds multiple instances of the bloodline bonus spells at levels 3 and 5.

          >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>>

          >> --
          >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • tripleduck
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 29, 2012
            > But the bonus bloodline spell still doubles or triples when I advance
            the character to and past level 3.
            > Charisma is 18 (16+human bonus) and the bloodline is Arcane.

            I can second this. I just created a new character in 5.17.16, sorcerer
            with the same CHA, and the undead bloodline. At 3rd level, I have Cast
            0,6 and Known 5,4. "Chill Touch" is the 1st level bonus spell from
            Undead bloodline, and it shows up in the list twice:
            Snapshot of Duplication
            <http://www.stimulacra.com/pathfinder/3rdLevel-1stSpells.jpg>

            As well, the bonus spell is being counted toward the total known, and it
            shouldn't.
            As per the CRB, Sorcerer Bloodline section: "At 3rd level, and every two
            levels thereafter, a sorcerer learns an additional spell, derived from
            her bloodline. These spells are in addition to the number of spells
            given on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known"

            With this current temp character, I should be able to know four 1st
            level spells, but I cannot choose any more than three spells.

            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 29, 2012

              Let's open a JIRA please.

              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 29, 2012
                > Let's open a JIRA please.

                I don't think I have access to do that, or I'd be glad to... of course I'll have to figure out how as well. :)
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 29, 2012

                  jira.pcgen.org < go to that site. Log in or create an account. Create New Issue - Data Bug.

                  Cheers,

                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 29, 2012
                    > jira.pcgen.org < go to that site. Log in or create an account.
                    > Create New Issue - Data Bug.

                    Simple enough! Done! Thanks for the heads up!
                    Message 9 of 30 , Sep 9, 2012

                      I believe someone opened a JIRA, I've submitted a fix (If I remember correctly, please download the
                      latest snapshot to try it out).

                      Message 10 of 30 , Sep 10, 2012
                        > I believe someone opened a JIRA, I've submitted a fix (If I
                        > remember correctly, please download the latest snapshot to try it
                        > out).

                        The Bloodline spell is still being shown multiple times in the spell list.

                        As well, now it has too many spells available for third level.

                        My character build: Dwarf, Sorcerer 3rd level
                        STR:10 DEX:13 CON:13 INT:13 WIS:15 CHA:14

                        Starsoul Bloodline (APG)

                        0 level spells: known[5]
                        1st level spells: Cast[5(+1 for high CHA) = 6], known[3]

                        PCGen correctly notes the cast count per day.
                        Known for 0 level correctly says 5.
                        Known for 1st level says 5, should be 3(+1 for bloodline).

                        (With Starsoul at 3rd level, gained Unseen Servant 1st level spell).
                      • agnard
                        Message 11 of 30 , Jan 5, 2013
                          Still happening in latest 6.00.

                          7 lvl Sorc
                          Casting per day is ok.
                          But known spells only the lvl 0 is right.

                          Message 12 of 30 , Jan 5, 2013

                            Okay - I'm looking at:
                            http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/sorcerer.html#_sorcerer

                            Then I have what is coded up in PCGen:
                            1 CAST:0,3 KNOWN:4,2
                            2 CAST:0,4 KNOWN:5,2
                            3 CAST:0,5 KNOWN:5,3
                            4 CAST:0,6,3 KNOWN:6,3,1
                            5 CAST:0,6,4 KNOWN:6,4,2
                            6 CAST:0,6,5,3 KNOWN:7,4,2,1
                            7 CAST:0,6,6,4 KNOWN:7,5,3,2
                            8 CAST:0,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:8,5,3,2,1
                            9 CAST:0,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:8,5,4,3,2
                            10 CAST:0,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,4,3,2,1
                            11 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,3,2
                            12 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,3,2,1
                            13 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,3,2
                            14 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,3,2,1
                            15 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,2
                            16 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,2,1
                            17 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,2
                            18 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,2,1
                            19 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,3,2
                            20 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,3,3

                            I made a human sorcerer level 5, and I have known 6, 4, 2. What is off?

                            Mind you, I'm using the trunk version which is pre-6.1.1 release, so this may have been fixed or
                            already addressed, but it appears to be working and/or already fixed to me.

                            On 1/5/2013 4:35 AM, agnard wrote:
                            > Still happening in latest 6.00.
                            >
                            > 7 lvl Sorc
                            > Casting per day is ok.
                            > But known spells only the lvl 0 is right.
                            >

                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "tripleduck" wrote:
                            >>> I believe someone opened a JIRA, I've submitted a fix (If I
                            >>> remember correctly, please download the latest snapshot to try it
                            >>> out).
                            >> The Bloodline spell is still being shown multiple times in the spell list.
                            >>
                            >> As well, now it has too many spells available for third level.
                            >>
                            >> My character build: Dwarf, Sorcerer 3rd level
                            >> STR:10 DEX:13 CON:13 INT:13 WIS:15 CHA:14
                            >>
                            >> Starsoul Bloodline (APG)
                            >>
                            >> 0 level spells: known[5]
                            >> 1st level spells: Cast[5(+1 for high CHA) = 6], known[3]
                            >>
                            >> PCGen correctly notes the cast count per day.
                            >> Known for 0 level correctly says 5.
                            >> Known for 1st level says 5, should be 3(+1 for bloodline).
                            >>
                            >> (With Starsoul at 3rd level, gained Unseen Servant 1st level spell).

                          • David R. Bender
                            Message 13 of 30 , Jan 5, 2013
                              The CAST & KNOWN tags have always been correct. The issue has been the
                              bloodline spells and how they are handled.

                              Part I:
                              I just downloaded last nights Autobuild, PCGen v6.01.00-dev.

                              I created a 5th level sorcerer, with arcane bloodline. Spells are 6,4,2
                              and there should be *Bonus Spells*: /identify
                              <http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/identify.html#_identify>/
                              (3rd), /invisibility
                              <http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/invisibility.html#_invisibility>/
                              (5th). They are not in the Known list of the character, nor do they show
                              up in Preview or Export sheets.

                              Part II:
                              Using PCGen v6.00.0, I created the exact same sorcerer as above.Spells
                              are 6,5,3 andthe *Bonus Spells*: /identify
                              <http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/identify.html#_identify>/
                              (3rd), /invisibility
                              <http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/invisibility.html#_invisibility>/
                              (5th) *are* in the list and show up in Preview and Export sheets. The
                              way the bloodline spells are being handled is confusing, but the numbers
                              are correct in the end. Identify is a 1st level spell, so the number of
                              KNOWN 1st level spells is bumped up 1 (from 4 to 5) at 3rd character
                              level and Identify is added, thus allowing the user to tochoose the 4
                              1st level spells s/he wants. Same logic for 2nd level spells (at 5th
                              character level).

                              Conclusion: v6.00.0 is correct. v6.01.00-dev is broken.

                              And both show 0,7,5 as the number that can be cast which is correct for
                              a 5th level sorcerer with an 18 charisma.

                              -- david
                              Papa.DRB

                              My better half and me (jpg)

                            • agnard
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                Just downloaded the nightly builds to make sure and the stable release again.

                                With 6.00.0 Stable, Branch Autobuilds (6.00.x) and Development Autobuilds (6.01.x): all of them failed to give correct know spells for my Human Draconic Sorcerer lvl 7 with 21 CHA.

                                The first 2 gave more spells then I should have and the last one just failed to add Bloodline spells.

                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" wrote:

> [...]
                                > > 12 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,3,2,1
                                > > 13 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,3,2
                                > > 14 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,3,2,1
                                > > 15 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,2
                                > > 16 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,2,1
                                > > 17 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,2
                                > > 18 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,5,3 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,2,1
                                > > 19 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,4 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,3,2
                                > > 20 CAST:0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6 KNOWN:9,5,5,4,4,4,3,3,3,3
                                > >
                                > > I made a human sorcerer level 5, and I have known 6, 4, 2. What is off?
                                > >
                                > > Mind you, I'm using the trunk version which is pre-6.1.1 release, so this may have been fixed or
                                > > already addressed, but it appears to be working and/or already fixed to me.
                                > >

                                > > On 1/5/2013 4:35 AM, agnard wrote:
                                > >> Still happening in latest 6.00.
                                > >>
                                > >> 7 lvl Sorc
                                > >> Casting per day is ok.
                                > >> But known spells only the lvl 0 is right.

                              • David R. Bender
                                Message 15 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                  Please re-read my post. 6.00.0 *includes* the bloodline spells in the
                                  total number so it is correct. I agree, 6.0.1-dev is wrong and does not
                                  add the bloodline spells in.

                                  -- david
                                  Papa.DRB

                                  My better half and me (jpg)

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                    6.00.x would be correct if it showed 7 6 4 3 but I get 7 7 5 4

                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" wrote:

                                    > Please re-read my post. 6.00.0 *includes* the bloodline spells in the
                                    > total number so it is correct. I agree, 6.0.1-dev is wrong and does not
                                    > add the bloodline spells in.
                                    >
                                    > -- david
                                    > Papa.DRB
                                    >
                                    > My better half and me (jpg)

                                    > On 1/7/2013 5:11 AM, agnard wrote:
                                    > > Just downloaded the nightly builds to make sure and the stable release again.
                                    > >
                                    > > With 6.00.0 Stable, Branch Autobuilds (6.00.x) and Development Autobuilds (6.01.x): all of them failed to give correct know spells for my Human Draconic Sorcerer lvl 7 with 21 CHA.
                                    > >
                                    > > The first 2 gave more spells then I should have and the last one just failed to add Bloodline spells.
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" wrote:
                                    > >> The CAST & KNOWN tags have always been correct. The issue has been the
                                    > >> bloodline spells and how they are handled.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Part I:
                                    > >> I just downloaded last nights Autobuild, PCGen v6.01.00-dev.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> I created a 5th level sorcerer, with arcane bloodline. Spells are 6,4,2
                                    > >> and there should be *Bonus Spells*: /identify
                                    > >> /
                                    > >> (3rd), /invisibility
                                    > >> /
                                    > >> (5th). They are not in the Known list of the character, nor do they show
                                    > >> up in Preview or Export sheets.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Part II:
                                    > >> Using PCGen v6.00.0, I created the exact same sorcerer as above.Spells
                                    > >> are 6,5,3 andthe *Bonus Spells*: /identify
                                    > >> /
                                    > >> (3rd), /invisibility
                                    > >> /
                                    > >> (5th) *are* in the list and show up in Preview and Export sheets. The
                                    > >> way the bloodline spells are being handled is confusing, but the numbers
                                    > >> are correct in the end. Identify is a 1st level spell, so the number of
                                    > >> KNOWN 1st level spells is bumped up 1 (from 4 to 5) at 3rd character
                                    > >> level and Identify is added, thus allowing the user to tochoose the 4
                                    > >> 1st level spells s/he wants. Same logic for 2nd level spells (at 5th
                                    > >> character level).
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Conclusion: v6.00.0 is correct. v6.01.00-dev is broken.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> And both show 0,7,5 as the number that can be cast which is correct for
                                    > >> a 5th level sorcerer with an 18 charisma.

                                  • Eric C Smith
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                      Hi Folks!

                                      Using PCGen 6.0.0, I've created a barebones Sorcerer, 7th level, Human.

                                      I have not selected a sorcerer's bloodline, traits, feats, skills, favored class, or spells. I have selected the human ability bonus as well as the 4th level ability bonus, both going into Charisma, ending with a final charisma of 21.

                                      Per PCGen:
                                      Spells Known are 7, 6, 4, 3
                                      Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5

                                      Now I add the Draconic (Black) Bloodline.

                                      Per PCGen:
                                      Spells Known are 7, 7, 5, 4
                                      Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5

                                      Using PCGen 6.01.01 dev (last nights autobuild), I've created a barebones Sorcerer, 7th level, Human.

                                      As above, I have not selected a sorcerer's bloodline, traits, feats, skills, favored class, or spells. I have selected the human ability bonus as well as the 4th level ability bonus, both going into Charisma, ending with a final charisma of 21.

                                      Per PCGen:
                                      Spells Known are 7, 5, 3, 2
                                      Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5

                                      Now I add the Draconic (Black) Bloodline.

                                      Per PCGen:
                                      Spells Known are 7, 5, 3, 2
                                      Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5

                                      Not sure whats going on here as my sorcerer no longer gets the Bloodline Spell. Otherwise the good news is that the Spells Known are correct . . . :-)

                                      Maredudd

                                      P.S. I used the full autobuild file to package the Mac App as I do for the release files.

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                        You only get to *choose* 7,6,4,3 spells as the bloodline spells are
                                        already in your known list.

                                        Like I said, the number is confusing, but correct. PCGen added 1 to the
                                        number known for each bloodline spell, and then added the spell. You can
                                        only choose the correct number of spells.

                                        -- david
                                        Papa.DRB

                                        My better half and me (jpg)

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013

                                          might want to get a coder involved and see if we can alter this process so we are seeing off numbers
                                          but still getting the spells we need.

                                          Also, if the trunk is wrong, I have to ask what got altered?

                                        • Maredudd
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                            Hi Folks!

                                            David wrote:

                                            > You only get to *choose* 7,6,4,3 spells as the bloodline spells are
                                            > already in your known list.

                                            Per the Core Rules, the number of spells known that are chosen by a 7th level Sorcerer are 7, 5, 3, 2. Then you get the Bloodline Spell, which would give you a total 7, 6, 4, 3.

                                          • Paul
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                              Umm I haven't looked at the code or the data. But why isn't this treated like domain spells?

                                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" wrote:

                                              > You only get to *choose* 7,6,4,3 spells as the bloodline spells are
                                              > already in your known list.
                                              >
                                              > Like I said, the number is confusing, but correct. PCGen added 1 to the
                                              > number known for each bloodline spell, and then added the spell. You can
                                              > only choose the correct number of spells.
                                              >
                                              > -- david
                                              > Papa.DRB
                                              >
                                              > My better half and me (jpg)

                                            • UnclePete
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                                I agree.

                                                The current operation of PCGen 6.0.0 allows you to remove the bloodline
                                                spells from your known spell list and replace them.

                                                Treating them like domain spells with a 'lock' and a different colour
                                                would be a Very Good Thing.

                                                Pete

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                                  On 01/08/2013 06:07 AM, Maredudd wrote:

                                                  > Hi Folks!
                                                  >
                                                  > David wrote:
                                                  >
                                                  > > You only get to *choose* 7,6,4,3 spells as the bloodline spells are
                                                  > > already in your known list.
                                                  > >
                                                  > Per the Core Rules, the number of spells known that are chosen by a
                                                  > 7th level Sorcerer are 7, 5, 3, 2. Then you get the Bloodline Spell,
                                                  > which would give you a total 7, 6, 4, 3.
                                                  >
                                                  > > Like I said, the number is confusing, but correct. PCGen added 1 to the
                                                  > > number known for each bloodline spell, and then added the spell. You
                                                  > can
                                                  > > only choose the correct number of spells.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > -- david
                                                  > > Papa.DRB
                                                  > >
                                                  > > My better half and me (jpg)
                                                  > >
                                                  > https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>
                                                  >

                                                  > > Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                                                  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>

                                                  > > For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
                                                  > > believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)
                                                  > > On 1/7/2013 9:28 AM, agnard wrote:
                                                  > > > 6.00.x would be correct if it showed 7 6 4 3 but I get 7 7 5 4
                                                  > > >

                                                  > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                                  > does not

                                                  > release again.

                                                  > Autobuilds (6.01.x): all of them failed to give correct know spells
                                                  > for my Human Draconic Sorcerer lvl 7 with 21 CHA.

                                                  > just failed to add Bloodline spells.

                                                  > been the

                                                  > are 6,4,2
                                                  > they show

                                                  > above.Spells
                                                  > sheets. The
                                                  > the numbers
                                                  > number of
                                                  > character
                                                  > the 4
                                                  > (at 5th

                                                  > correct for

                                                  > > > PCGen List File Help:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > PCGen Experimental:
                                                  > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                • UnclePete
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                                    Evening, All

                                                    I've been following this with some interest.

                                                    I agree that PCGen is doing the right thing with 'base' sorcerers, but
                                                    there seems to be a problem when you have high-charisma sorcerers, like
                                                    the 7th level 21 Charisma example provided in many of these posts.

                                                    My reading of the Pathfinder rules is that a 7th level sorcerer should
                                                    have known spells of 7, 5, 3, 2 and the bloodline spells will increase
                                                    that to 7, 6, 4, 3. So far, so good.

                                                    However, the 21 Charisma (+5 bonus) gives the sorcerer bonus known
                                                    spells of 0, 2, 1, 1 (Table 1-3 p17) for a grand total of 7, 8, 5, 4.
                                                    PCGen is showing 7, 7, 5, 4.

                                                    Eric's example below shows this behaviour, and my tests reproduce it
                                                    (PCGen 6.0.0 on linux with SUracle Java 6 - Core rulebook and Bestiary
                                                    only loaded).

                                                    Pete

                                                    PS - PCGen rocks! Keep up the good work, everyone.

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                                      High Charisma counts towards spells CAST only, not spells KNOWN.

                                                      Per the PRD: (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a sorcerer
                                                      knows is not affected by her Charisma
                                                      <http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html#_charisma-new>
                                                      score; the numbers on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known are fixed.)

                                                      -- david
                                                      Papa.DRB

                                                      My better half and me (jpg)

                                                    • Eric C Smith
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                                        Hi Folks!

                                                        Pete wrote:
                                                        > I've been following this with some interest.
                                                        >
                                                        > I agree that PCGen is doing the right thing with 'base' sorcerers, but
                                                        > there seems to be a problem when you have high-charisma sorcerers, like
                                                        > the 7th level 21 Charisma example provided in many of these posts.
                                                        >
                                                        > My reading of the Pathfinder rules is that a 7th level sorcerer should
                                                        > have known spells of 7, 5, 3, 2 and the bloodline spells will increase
                                                        > that to 7, 6, 4, 3. So far, so good.
                                                        >
                                                        > However, the 21 Charisma (+5 bonus) gives the sorcerer bonus known
                                                        > spells of 0, 2, 1, 1 (Table 1-3 p17) for a grand total of 7, 8, 5, 4.
                                                        > PCGen is showing 7, 7, 5, 4.

                                                        As David says, the stat bonus is on CAST spells, not KNOWN spells.

                                                        We do have a preference setting that will add spells to the known list per the stat bonus though.

                                                        > Eric's example below shows this behaviour, and my tests reproduce it
                                                        > (PCGen 6.0.0 on linux with SUracle Java 6 - Core rulebook and Bestiary
                                                        > only loaded).

                                                        And before anyone suggests that my example is given with stat bonus to known spells, I specifically checked that, several times, like 4 times, or more, before I made my post. :-)

                                                        > Pete
                                                        >
                                                        > PS - PCGen rocks! Keep up the good work, everyone.
                                                        >

                                                        > On 01/08/2013 02:39 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                                                        >> Hi Folks!
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Using PCGen 6.0.0, I've created a barebones Sorcerer, 7th level, Human.
                                                        >>
                                                        >> I have not selected a sorcerer's bloodline, traits, feats, skills, favored class, or spells. I have selected the human ability bonus as well as the 4th level ability bonus, both going into Charisma, ending with a final charisma of 21.
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Per PCGen:
                                                        >> Spells Known are 7, 6, 4, 3
                                                        >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Now I add the Draconic (Black) Bloodline.
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Per PCGen:
                                                        >> Spells Known are 7, 7, 5, 4
                                                        >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
                                                        >>

                                                        >> Using PCGen 6.01.01 dev (last nights autobuild), I've created a barebones Sorcerer, 7th level, Human.
                                                        >>
                                                        >> As above, I have not selected a sorcerer's bloodline, traits, feats, skills, favored class, or spells. I have selected the human ability bonus as well as the 4th level ability bonus, both going into Charisma, ending with a final charisma of 21.
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Per PCGen:
                                                        >> Spells Known are 7, 5, 3, 2
                                                        >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Now I add the Draconic (Black) Bloodline.
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Per PCGen:
                                                        >> Spells Known are 7, 5, 3, 2
                                                        >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Not sure whats going on here as my sorcerer no longer gets the Bloodline Spell. Otherwise the good news is that the Spells Known are correct . . . :-)
                                                        >>
                                                        >> Maredudd
                                                        >>
                                                        >> P.S. I used the full autobuild file to package the Mac App as I do for the release files.
                                                        >>
                                                        >> On Jan 7, 2013, at 9:28 AM, agnard wrote:
                                                        >>
                                                        >>> 6.00.x would be correct if it showed 7 6 4 3 but I get 7 7 5 4

                                                        >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                      • UnclePete
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Jan 7, 2013
                                                          OK, point taken. I guess that's why I'm NOT the rules maven in my group :)

                                                          However, it doesn't answer the problem I'm having with PCGen and
                                                          sorcerers, but I'll start another thread for that.

                                                          Pete

                                                          On 01/08/2013 11:35 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:

> [...]
                                                          > ability bonus as well as the 4th level ability bonus, both going into
                                                          > Charisma, ending with a final charisma of 21.
                                                          > >>
                                                          > >> Per PCGen:
                                                          > >> Spells Known are 7, 5, 3, 2
                                                          > >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
                                                          > >>
                                                          > >> Now I add the Draconic (Black) Bloodline.
                                                          > >>
                                                          > >> Per PCGen:
                                                          > >> Spells Known are 7, 5, 3, 2
                                                          > >> Spells Cast are -, 8, 7, 5
                                                          > >>
                                                          > >> Not sure whats going on here as my sorcerer no longer gets the
                                                          > Bloodline Spell. Otherwise the good news is that the Spells Known are
                                                          > correct . . . :-)
                                                          > >>
                                                          > >> Maredudd
                                                          > >>
                                                          > >> P.S. I used the full autobuild file to package the Mac App as I do
                                                          > for the release files.

                                                          > does not

                                                          > release again.

                                                          > Autobuilds (6.01.x): all of them failed to give correct know spells
                                                          > for my Human Draconic Sorcerer lvl 7 with 21 CHA.

                                                        • agnard
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Jan 23, 2013
                                                            Thanks for the fix, the spells are now correct :)

                                                            Add to get the file at http://sourceforge.net/p/pcgen/code/19215/tree/branches/6.00.x/pcgen/data/d20ogl/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/core_rulebook/pfcr_abilities_class.lst

                                                            For some odd reason the autobuilds (full distro) still has the error.