Re: [pcgen_experimental] Ultimate Combat Feats Help

  • Henk Slaaf
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2012
      On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi folks,
      >
      > I'm in the process of coding up the book, I've gotten the feats almost
      > finished, but the PREREQs are
      > a time sink in a time sensitive project. I'm wondering if we have anyone
      > willing to volunteer to
      > work on converting the PRETEXT stuff into the the proper PRExxx tags?
      >
      > I've already done the harder ones where it's Monk level x OR bunch of
      > other stuff instead.
      >
      > The prexxx feats number around 243 (+/- 3)
      >
      > I figure it's a good 1 to 3 hours project. If interested let me know.

      I can code up a few tonight, but cannot pledge time consistently, so it has
      to be a one-off for now.

      Give me a list of feats or page range and I'll get cracking.

      Best,

      Henk

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2012

        Just look at the pfuc_feats_inprogress.lst all the ones with a PRETEXT need to be looked at. The
        prereqs are already listed, you just need to break them out into proper prexxx tags.

        You can easily scroll down the file, since it's in my coding format and not proper format yet.

        Thanks,

        On 8/15/2012 4:20 AM, Henk Slaaf wrote:
        > On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Hi folks,
        >>
        >> I'm in the process of coding up the book, I've gotten the feats almost
        >> finished, but the PREREQs are
        >> a time sink in a time sensitive project. I'm wondering if we have anyone
        >> willing to volunteer to
        >> work on converting the PRETEXT stuff into the the proper PRExxx tags?
        >>
        >> I've already done the harder ones where it's Monk level x OR bunch of
        >> other stuff instead.
        >>
        >> The prexxx feats number around 243 (+/- 3)
        >>
        >> I figure it's a good 1 to 3 hours project. If interested let me know.
        >>
        > I can code up a few tonight, but cannot pledge time consistently, so it has
        > to be a one-off for now.
        >
        > Give me a list of feats or page range and I'll get cracking.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Henk

      • Henk Slaaf
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2012
          On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Just look at the pfuc_feats_inprogress.lst all the ones with a PRETEXT
          > need to be looked at. The prereqs are already listed, you just need to
          > break them out into proper prexxx tags.
          >
          > You can easily scroll down the file, since it's in my coding format and
          > not proper format yet.

          I use the same coding format. I even have VIM shurtcuts for this format :)

          I've thought proposing about a ten-letter patch to let PCGen support
          exactly your format (lines beginning with tab belong to the previous line).
          It makes for cleaner diffs and is easier to edit. Are you interested?

          I got to Crane Style. I might do a couple more in the coming days.

          Best,

          Henk

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15, 2012

            Thanks,

            hmm, that is tempting. That'd be a coding change and that enters James's jurisdiction, plus making
            such significant changes involves several teams. I have a feeling it'd foobar something though. Best
            to stick with what we have for now. Especially this late in the dev cycle.

            On 8/15/2012 11:52 AM, Henk Slaaf wrote:

            > On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Andrew <drew0500@... <mailto:drew0500@...>> wrote:
            >
            > Hi,
            >
            > Just look at the pfuc_feats_inprogress.lst all the ones with a PRETEXT need to be looked at.
            > The prereqs are already listed, you just need to break them out into proper prexxx tags.
            >
            > You can easily scroll down the file, since it's in my coding format and not proper format yet.
            >

            > I use the same coding format. I even have VIM shurtcuts for this format :)
            >
            > I've thought proposing about a ten-letter patch to let PCGen support exactly your format (lines
            > beginning with tab belong to the previous line). It makes for cleaner diffs and is easier to edit.
            > Are you interested?
            >

            > I got to Crane Style. I might do a couple more in the coming days.
            >

            > Best,
            >
            > Henk

          • Henk Slaaf
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 27, 2012
              On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi folks,
              >
              > I'm in the process of coding up the book, I've gotten the feats almost
              > finished, but the PREREQs are
              > a time sink in a time sensitive project. I'm wondering if we have anyone
              > willing to volunteer to
              > work on converting the PRETEXT stuff into the the proper PRExxx tags?
              >
              > I've already done the harder ones where it's Monk level x OR bunch of
              > other stuff instead.
              >
              > The prexxx feats number around 243 (+/- 3)
              >
              > I figure it's a good 1 to 3 hours project. If interested let me know.

              The feats are in. Please review all feats in pfuc_feats_review.lst.

              I haven't tested them in PCGen yet.

              Best,

              Henk

            • tripleduck
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 29, 2012
                > The feats are in. Please review all feats in pfuc_feats_review.lst.
                > I haven't tested them in PCGen yet.

                I'd be glad to test them. How do I go about getting the data set? I'm new here! :)