Re: [pcgen] Is there a PCGen maven repository somewhere?

  • Javier Ortiz
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
      What type of work are we talking about? maybe I can still help. I'm very
      interested in PCGen, just a busy schedule [?]

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
        Well basically it would be getting the PCGen POM into shape so that it
        could be submitted to Maven Central via the Sonatype OSSH portal via a
        maven:release command.

        The build does a lot of what Maven would consider non-standard things
        (although it's vastly improved thanks to heroic work by James), so there
        would be a lot of careful re-factoring to co-ordinate with the dev team.

        This is probably a post 6.0 project (we're releasing soon).

        Thanks!

        On 13 August 2012 21:14, Javier Ortiz <javier.ortiz.78@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > What type of work are we talking about? maybe I can still help. I'm very
        > interested in PCGen, just a busy schedule [?]

      • javydreamer
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012
          I'm getting tempted to get my hands dirty with this Maven work. I'm checking out the code to start giving it a try. I'll let you know about any progress/walls I might find along the way.
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012

            On 31/10/2012 3:23 AM javydreamer wrote
            > I'm getting tempted to get my hands dirty with this Maven work. I'm checking out the code to start giving it a try. I'll let you know about any progress/walls I might find along the way.
            One of the things on my post 6.0 list is to convert the project
            (including build and the release) to maven 2. We already produce the
            autobuilds using maven 2 so this won't be a big step.

            Cheers,
            James.
          • Javier Ortiz
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012
              Does this include using a proper Maven project structure as well?

              I already modified the POM a lot:

              - Updated dependencies
              - Updated repositories
              - Updated reporting method (section vs within site plugin config
              - Added sonatype as parent (part of sonatype publishing)

              But working as it is (free form project) is kind of hard to work as it is,
              so I'm restructuring it to be a proper Maven project. I know this would
              disrupt development.

              Is this the right way?

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012
                Hi Javier,

                This conversation belongs on the developers list, I've copied it in, but
                could you reply to that one from now on please?

                We have a complex structure, particularly with the plugins, multiple
                unit test folders, data distribution etc. I don't think a wholesale move
                to a standard structure would work as there are good reasons for each of
                these choices. However, lets discuss the proposed changes and see what
                will work and what won't.

                The pom.xml modifications sound good.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 31/10/2012 7:20 AM Javier Ortiz wrote