Is there a PCGen maven repository somewhere?

  • javydreamer
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
      I've been working on using PCGen as a library and now I'm moving the project to a maven based one. Is there a repo for PCGen?

      I tried this (based on the pom in the code repo without luck:

      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/mvnrepo

      Thanks in advance!
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
        No maven repo yet, the pom we have still needs further work, help is
        welcome!

        On Monday, 13 August 2012, javydreamer wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I've been working on using PCGen as a library and now I'm moving the
        > project to a maven based one. Is there a repo for PCGen?
        >
        > I tried this (based on the pom in the code repo without luck:
        >
        > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/mvnrepo
        >
        > Thanks in advance!

      • Javier Ortiz
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
          What type of work. I might have a chance to jump in if its a minor job. My
          time is very limited...

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
            Thanks for the offer, but I'll be honest and say it's not a minor job :-)

            On 13 August 2012 19:54, Javier Ortiz <javier.ortiz.78@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > What type of work. I might have a chance to jump in if its a minor job. My
            > time is very limited...

          • Javier Ortiz
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
              What type of work are we talking about? maybe I can still help. I'm very
              interested in PCGen, just a busy schedule [?]

            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 13, 2012
                Well basically it would be getting the PCGen POM into shape so that it
                could be submitted to Maven Central via the Sonatype OSSH portal via a
                maven:release command.

                The build does a lot of what Maven would consider non-standard things
                (although it's vastly improved thanks to heroic work by James), so there
                would be a lot of careful re-factoring to co-ordinate with the dev team.

                This is probably a post 6.0 project (we're releasing soon).

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012
                  I'm getting tempted to get my hands dirty with this Maven work. I'm checking out the code to start giving it a try. I'll let you know about any progress/walls I might find along the way.
                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012

                    On 31/10/2012 3:23 AM javydreamer wrote
                    > I'm getting tempted to get my hands dirty with this Maven work. I'm checking out the code to start giving it a try. I'll let you know about any progress/walls I might find along the way.
                    One of the things on my post 6.0 list is to convert the project
                    (including build and the release) to maven 2. We already produce the
                    autobuilds using maven 2 so this won't be a big step.

                    Cheers,
                    James.
                  • Javier Ortiz
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012
                      Does this include using a proper Maven project structure as well?

                      I already modified the POM a lot:

                      - Updated dependencies
                      - Updated repositories
                      - Updated reporting method (section vs within site plugin config
                      - Added sonatype as parent (part of sonatype publishing)

                      But working as it is (free form project) is kind of hard to work as it is,
                      so I'm restructuring it to be a proper Maven project. I know this would
                      disrupt development.

                      Is this the right way?

                    • James Dempsey
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012
                        Hi Javier,

                        This conversation belongs on the developers list, I've copied it in, but
                        could you reply to that one from now on please?

                        We have a complex structure, particularly with the plugins, multiple
                        unit test folders, data distribution etc. I don't think a wholesale move
                        to a standard structure would work as there are good reasons for each of
                        these choices. However, lets discuss the proposed changes and see what
                        will work and what won't.

                        The pom.xml modifications sound good.

                        Cheers,
                        James.

                        On 31/10/2012 7:20 AM Javier Ortiz wrote