Re: psheet generation

  • merton_monk@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 2, 2001

      > > Seriously...at some point there will be a GUI change, but it might
      > > as well be wholesale rather than incremental.
      >
      > Why? Incremental changes are usually easier to deal with and test
      reliably,
      > whereas wholesale changes can be a bear to debug.
      >
      > Brass

      I agree with this sentiment - sometimes changes have to be wholesale
      in nature, but that's rarely a necessity unless we're moving around
      large pieces of functionality. Just cleaning up a tab can be done
      individually, and deciding if we want to use a tab and/or menuing to
      generate PCGen's output doesn't impact much of the gui so it can be
      done in a fairly isolated manner as well. I like the idea of the
      preview tab becoming a kind of automatically-updated statblock that
      updates itself everytime you view the tab. I would like to be able
      to generate output files in the least number of clicks possible -
      which may mean using a combination of menus & tabs.

      -Bryan